• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zins

Registered
So I recently built a new computer, spent about 1,400$. Now I am moving to a new house outside of town, and I am having a very hard time finding a internet provider. The only place that I can find who comes out is a local place that can only offer 4 mbs DSL. I currently have 30 mbs through Comcast. I am very stressed out and not sure what to do. Is 4 mbs going to be enough for gaming? And is dsl any good these days. I could get a some type of wireless connecting using Verizon, but that sounds even worse. I also found satellite internet through Wild Blue I believe its called. I'm not sure about that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Take the 4Mb/s DSL. DSL is fine and 4Mb/s is plenty. Stay far away from any wireless or satellite for gaming.

Thanks for the feed back. My main use for my computer is gaming, and I do online college classes. I had a feeling that wireless or satellite would not be the best for gaming. I hope the 4 mb does the job, I am just so use to super fast internet that I feel I may be disapointed, but I have no other choice anyway :shrug: Thanks again.

Back