• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 1379 mhz the limit for 1000 mhz axia 0109?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mortdog

Registered
Ok. Let me present some specs:
Iwill kk266-r (northbridge heatzink changed to a bigger).
1000 mhz axia 0109
Cpu fans: Super orb + 3 x 80 mm Titan fans 37 cfm pointed at the heatzink.
Soundblaster live Value
Geforce 2 mx agp asus 7100
Cnet network card
win2k
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have the following settings: 162 x 8.5
Voltage: Vcore: 1.74 / Vio: +10 %
Temps: idle: 40 C stressed: 45 C
(stable)

Now when trying higher settings:

I have tried lowering fsb and increase multiplier. I have tried vcore 1.92 Volt (about 48 C load). These settings tried: 10 x 140, 9 x 162, 10.5 x 135.. and so on all over 1400 mhz.

Nothing seems to get me stable at 1400 and above.

Windows runs smoothly but when playing counterstrike for about 10 minutes it just stops and show the bluescreen with the very classic line "irql not less or equal". I looked at the log and the cpu temp was 48 C.

I really have no clue what left to test with this sucker. i heard that my model of cpu can go up to 1600 mhz.

I forgot to say....when trying over 1450 mhz the screen get black just before the windows2000 load meter.
Maybe more cooling on the northbridge?

you may just have to admit defeat. Not all processors can reach the maximum posted speed. Maybe you can only reach the speed you have.

Try more cooling,
get the voltage up as far as possible and if that fails then try a clean install

um... i have a GORB and they are not good for high end cpu's- id definately trya different cooler-that should help-id think for sure that con go higher-up the voltage and get a better cooler. or try 9x156=1404, maybe yor ram cant handle that FSB, i know other have gotten higher but still that is a high FSB, o well try it and see what happens

well...

Iwill never admit defeated:).

Strange is that I can get the sucker run stable at 1379 mhz at default voltage 1.74

What i have heard you have to pump the voltage to reach higher but in my case it doesn´t seem to be the solution.

Maybe there are some other components that may block higher speeds?

I would like to have a respond from someone with the same mobo and cpu and reached higher than 1400 mhz

I'm using a 1G AXIA 0110 and as long as I keep the CPU temp at 38C or less and the system temp a degree or two above room, it goes 10.5x145 rock solid at 2.0Vcore. At 10x145 at 1.85Vcore it is loafing along. Ditto for 10x150 at 1.95Vcore.

Cooling is the name of the game. A stable PSU is important also. I use an Antec 400W.

Hoot

I have a 1000 MHz AXIA at 1417 MHz, core =1.7 V, Temp = 44 C at full load, 5V at 4.73. I do notice a problem that is preventing me from O/Cing some more and that is the 5V line. The temp starts to rise when my 5V drops. from 4.73 to 4.71 with a 3 C jump. The PS does not seen to be able to provide enough 5V juice which causes the chip to draw more current at a lower voltage and generate more heat. The PS is a generic 300Watt. I just ordered an Enermax 350 Watt PS and hopefully will be able to O/C some more.

Well I don't have the same M/B, I do have the same chip with the 0109 code. I am not sure if you have an AVIA or an AXIA, but my 1ghz AVIA is hitting 1.46ghz rock solid. 11x133. I would love to hit higher FSB but Windows id very unstable with anything above 133mhz. Maybe I will find the perfect setting for this.

Why are you running your VIO so high?

I have the non-RAID flavor of the board, and at like FSB speeds, I can use 3.3VIO.

It does seem like you are on the verge of stability over 1.4Ghz.

I'm typing this at 1.44Ghz..liquid cooled, but I think that it's cooling that's holding you back.

What BIOS version are you using? Anything prior to 03/05 under reports temperatures by approximately 9C..not good.

Good clean power is a necessity at these elevated frequency levels. Are you monitoring your voltages?

Cheers,

T

I also have the non raid iWill kk266 and a 1GHz AXIA
My first suggestion is to replace that orb with a better hsf. You should be able to reach 1.4 Ghz at 1.75 Vcore. I can run mine up to 1463MHz at default voltage and from what I've seen the chips don't need to have the voltage cranked up much to get a good o/c.

Yes. There will be a new heatsink. I read about the millenium glaciator. It seems to be pretty darn good:) Otherwise I will buy the taisol copper base,

how important is it to cool the northbridge. I mean if I overclock my cpu by 38 % as I have done now the data transfer on the northbridge must be higher thus resulting in higher temps.

Maybe I should put a fan on the heatsink? The only problem is to attach the new heatsink. Is it recommended to use glue on the edge of the chip?

I have the same problem but a bit worse. I tested 1400 but soon realised it got unstable when using Flask. Now All I can get it 1333 stable for 10*133.
At 1.75 / 1.8 volts.
I have noticed that my 5v is running low.

I am going to update my bios first though as i haven't done it since i bought the board.
I think there are two more problems i have due to this:
I have a generic 300w power supply with the monitor running through it (i wont connect the monitor through it if it will help). And I would like to cool the north bridge with a fan, as i have heard cooling this would help.

Could anyone confirm that doing any of the above would help, i will do it.

Cheers

I have a generic PSU and will be switching PSU soon. My AXIA 0109 when clocked above 1.5 does not like the falling 5V and when it hits 4.7 V (and the temp rises because the chip is drawing more current to compensate) the unit locks and I reset everything. I have not bother to test the FSB(136). Multiplier is at 10.5. 1424 MHz.

A separate monitor power connection would be good for you PSU

I also have the non-raid version of the Iwill running a week 10 1ghz AXIA stable in Prime95 up to 1450. I can run all other apps including 3dmark2001 up to 1.5ghz. Am running Vcore at 1.91 and Vio at +5%. The thing is I couldn't reach these settings until I replaced my FOP32 with the Taisol copperbottom and delta fan. So I think better cooling will help considerably. I am currently running at 36C idle and 43C under Prime95 Torture Test. It seems that I loose about 10mhz of stability in Prime95 for every degree that I go over 44C.

Yes it means that I have 3 fans blowing air on the superorb. Opencase.
The three fans lowered the temp by 10-12 C I think maybe more.

Back