• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 8173 a good Vantage score for my 4850 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T-800

Registered
I havent run 3dmark test in years mainly because i always thought it was trivial and pointless and never showed real world gaming. I just bought a 4890OC on newegg and it had a copy of 3dmark vantage pro. Decited to run the test a couple times before i swapped my 4890 in.

I got 8173. It is really hard to tell whats normal or not on the ORB because some 4850's are getting 12k and others are getting 7k, so i cant tell what is crossfired and what isnt. From what i can tell tho it seems for a single 4850 i am Number 3 with an E8400 i think at least. Could someone confirm this ? The last results on the orb where someone said "crossfire" was a score of 9k, then the scores go from 8400 to 8200 then to mine. It also seems i dominate on the CPU results obviously im overclocked pretty high, but my GPU score is lower then there's even for such a high overclock.

Altho when i come accross quad's there scores are much higher, so i guess vantage must use 4 core then, because there is no way in real world gaming on current games a Q6600 at 3.4ghz would out perform my E8400. Thats why why i dont like 3dmark it doesnt show real world value's, i get 20% more fps in the games then these people with Quad's even some I7's at 3.5ghz but there score's are only higher because the cpu's tests are double mine hence 2 more core's

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1143982

My specs i used on the run were

E8400 @ 4.4ghz
G.skill DDR2-800 @ 978mhz
4850 @ 740/1150

Last edited:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=945613

i thought id get a higher score too, but i guess our puny dual cores are no match anymore :(

Well according to Vantage tho, but when you look Xbit and other reviews of CPU's the 4 core's still dont really mean diddly when it comes to gaming the E8xx still seem to be the better cpu's overall unless your talking about a 4gig I7. The vantage score seem to only be influence by cpu's when you compare a d/c to a quad from the CPU tests.

Im looking at a I7 right now its @ 3.7ghz with a 4850, and my fps in the gaming benchmark is 20% higher then his, and we both have the same gpu clocks acording to his remarks. However his score is 800 points higher then me because his CPU score doubles mine.

Oh well, i think im the 3rd highest in the world for E8XXX's and a 4850 lol so thats pretty good considering i didnt tweak anything i have antivirus in the background and crap and i didnt even try.

Well according to Vantage tho, but when you look Xbit and other reviews of CPU's the 4 core's still dont really mean diddly when it comes to gaming the E8xx still seem to be the better cpu's overall .

gaming and vantage are two completely different things. Don't be fooled by synthetic benchmarks. Quads offer no real advantage in games, but synthetics can be different.

gaming and vantage are two completely different things. Don't be fooled by synthetic benchmarks. Quads offer no real advantage in games, but synthetics can be different.

Kinda misleading...Quads offer a huge advantage in games that support multi-core. There is still some juice in raw speed...and since some dual cores put up some serious speed they make good gaming rigs in a lot of games. But facts are facts...some games already show huge advantage with Quads...by the end of this year a multitude of games supporting multi-core CPU's will be on the market. A Quad is were anyone looking for a CPU right now should be shopping.

Back