• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a 5.25 bay with 3x high end 40mm fans a good idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is something that I did out of necessity once. My old rig only has one 80mm exhaust fan and no intake. Temps were getting high while overclocking so I did my first case mod. I mounted 2 80mm stock cpu cooler fans (had plenty just laying around) and mounted them in the bays. Works great and noise is tolerable. A better case is the better way to go but for that ol' rig, it ain`t gonna happen.

Pics to come this evening (after work).

Can't wait! You get it......

Or, for $9.95 you can get four 40mm fans linked together: (link). Just saw one off if four won't fit. BTW -- the 40mm fans are counter-rotating.

Those are for servers, they are screamers. I guarantee you you don't want to put that in a desktop PC unless the user is already deaf. :p

I like your fan in the drive bays hack, though! :)

Those are for servers, they are screamers. I guarantee you you don't want to put that in a desktop PC unless the user is already deaf. :p

Just tryin' to help . . .

I am tempted, just for grins. And then there is this Delta for $0.99. 85 CFM 92mm fan, only 47.5 dB. I'm surprised I'm not biting. I've bought stuff from them before, so I trust the vendor.

Back