• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Is Indigo Xtreme reliable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pigmen

Registered
I've seen the reviews and this thing seems to beat EVERY thermal paste out there, but is there any risks when using the Indigo Xtreme? Or is there any danger that i should watch out for? Because it seems that this thermal interface material isn't that popular so I'm kinda scared! Thanks guys, if you're able to help!!

Last edited:
So long as you follow the application instructions you should be fine. that said, you dont need that expensive stuff. Just grab some MX-2, MX-3, or MX-4 for half the cost.

+1

Not to mention the Indigo is a one-time application, unlike getting a tube of MX-2 or whatever.

Anyone else is able to convince me to get a paste instead of the indigo?

Yep, Paste is a lot easier. IE is great if you get it right. Many times the first attempt goes wrong and needs to be redone. It IS more complicated.

But once right it's better. Do you need that last 1C of cooling? So you can overclock the CPU a tiny bit more because your an a experianced overclocker and know how to get that bit of Mhz out of a CPU over hours of testing?

Or do you want a good overclock and decent temps without the added hassle of IE?

I use MX-2, will change to MX-4 when my MX-2 runs out. I don't think that two application setup is worth it for the added cost. Be fun to play with though.

Anyone else is able to convince me to get a paste instead of the indigo?
No other arguments are needed, but conundrum summed things up quite nice. To us, its simply not worth the extra expense, effort, or temperature difference to use that product. :thup:

mx-2 use the extra money and buy some :beer: much more enjoyment :D than pay moar for a hassle :p

Okok, you guys win, so which paste should I get that has a very good performance and comes with a reasonable pricing?

Okok, you guys win, so which paste should I get that has a very good performance and comes with a reasonable pricing?
Suggestions were given to you in previous posts. ;)

EarthDog said:
Just grab some MX-2, MX-3, or MX-4 for half the cost.
Conundrum said:
I use MX-2, will change to MX-4 when my MX-2 runs out
wagex said:
mx-2 use the extra money and buy some

ok then, I'll go with the MX-4 since it is bundled together with my waterblock, thanks guys!

May I also suggest, PK-1 Nano. It's all I use in my builds and it's temps are about as close to the Indigo applications as you can get, without actually being Indigo.

I bought some Gelid GC-2. It was dirt cheap and I don't really care for a degree more or a degree less. But if you want the extreme stuff, Phobya HeGrease is amazing, so is PK-1, so is MX-3.

Back