• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it good overclocking for Pressy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCS911

I've just got myself P4 Pressy 3.2E New, don't know if I need to burn-in or not but I just go ahead and overclock it. Currently I am overclock 3.2E @ 3.85 which 240FSB at stock voltage and I haven't overclock further I think I should let AS5 settle a bit then continue on overclock it, is it good at the current point? thanks for helping!

you are cool at 3.85, if you get unstable, up you vcore little by little, not past 1.55 for now, and you can get some type of burn in with prime95 at 3.85, i would say keep it cool for now, give it a cpl of days at least before hitting 4's.. when i started i ran prime95 for 3 days straight, [email protected], im still werkn on the oc.. weird crashed etc, check ram timings and make sure ur ram can handle it...

???'s PM me

Nice overclock OCS911!! I'm running THIS stable with stock cooling, you should hit some pretty high clocks with that chip!! Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

what's your voltage hitting @ 260FSB? nevermind saw it on your sig. but I believe E0 Stepping stock voltage around V1.32, what's your stock voltage at?

Some nice clocks in here, I think i might just forget about the Dothan, and buy my 3.2E Soooooooooooon :D.

OCS911 Keep an eye on the fets make sure they don't get to hot when / if you start increasing the voltage. :) Good Luck for 4Ghz, looks pretty promising none the less.

I got THIS to run for a little while but wasn't too stable. Yeah, this ram is pretty good!! I'm @1.512 Vcore right now, running good, but you should sink those fets, they get HOTTTT!!! I'm going to oc my video card pretty soon to try to get some better benchmarks. I think stock voltage is 1.412, not too sure about that though.

my Mobo is fully sinked, I will install two 120mm Fans on my Side Window soon to blow-in Video Card and Memory now I need to find a good deal on Hole Saw 4 3/4" :) dremel takes long time, got tired of it

OCS911 said:
my Mobo is fully sinked, I will install two 120mm Fans on my Side Window soon to blow-in Video Card and Memory now I need to find a good deal on Hole Saw 4 3/4" :) dremel takes long time, got tired of it

Crank it up to 4GHz!!!!!! When you get it stable run some benchmarks for us. My benchies aren't that good, don't know why........

3Dmark01====22415
3Dmark03====7023
aquamark3===53976

I am in 4Ghz Club now!!! :) still at stock voltage but it jumps back and forth V1.28 and V1.31 (stock voltage V1.32) hope you guys can see the CPUZ

untitled.JPG

Well, i overclocked my 9800xt to Core==434. and memory==380. Stock was 412/365. My benchmarks got a little better......

Aquamark3====55347
3DMark01=====22631
3DMark03=====7298

Are these reasonable or should it be better?

I just ran few tests 3DMark03 and PCMark04, everything is fine so I am pure stable at 4Ghz @ Default Voltage. I want to know that is it better graphic card will get better results? I got PCMark04 = 6291

Wow, and i thought my 3.2E was a freak. 4.0 on stock voltage is just amazing, i really want to play with one of those E0's. Nice work, don't stop there, go for more!

Back