• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilT

Is it worth volt moding my 7800gt? I mean is it worth it in the long run and how much does viperjohn usualy charge for vmodin your cards?
Or should i just buy another 7800gt and put them in sli instead of voidin my warranty?

Thanks

I would say it all depends on what you want to get out of it.

Higher benchmarks with higher clocks? Then that's the route you might want to consider.

More FPS? That means higher clocks. So yeah you might have to volt mod it. But how much higher clocks?

Are you satisfied with your current gaming experience? If you are, I'd say it's not worth it. If you want that extra 5 to 10 fps from the 60 fps you already have, then volt modding is the way to go.

It all depends on what you want as your eventual outcome. For example, I have my vid clocks at 500mhz/1195mhz. I can actually bump it up to 515mhz/1220mhz but I only see a 5 fps increase in my game but a lot more artifact. If I volt mod it, I can possiblty get rid of the artifacting while still increase my fps. But is it worth risking voiding the warranty/damaging the card for 5 fps? That's a personal decision. To me, that's not worth the risk. I can't tell the difference between 70fps and 75fps.

Back