• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Load Line Calibration Safe? GA-EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axis

With LLC enabled I am running 500x8 on my q9950 stable for a couple days.
MCH core = 1.4
ICH = Default
Vcore = 1.3

I am progressively going lower and lower on the PLL and VTT but I have heard that LLC is bad and wears out quads from that Anandtech article.

True? Thoughts?

That anand article is horsehooey...

Also, the only voltage it affects is the vcore. If you have significant sag, enable it. The worst case that can happen really is you have to bump you volts up a smidge to get a stable idle environemnt.

Thanks guys.

Is 1.5v too high on the MCH core? I am running 1.4 MCH right now with 1.325vcore w/LLC enabled... but if I put the mch up to 1.5v I can run lower 1.3vcore (w/LLC enabled). WHich would be the better choice?

ur fine at 1.5mch i would run a max of 1.55 on th emch for 24/7 use so ur looking good and 1.3 is great for vcore. sounds like that proc still has a bit more room.

ur fine at 1.5mch i would run a max of 1.55 on th emch for 24/7 use so ur looking good and 1.3 is great for vcore. sounds like that proc still has a bit more room.

OK Thanks.

What are your voltages on your q9650 rig? We have the same mobo could you post an ET screenshot please?

actually i have a qx9650. my voltages are very high for 4.5ghz and far from stable just enought to bench on. ill see if i can look up my 4ghz volts i beleive i still have them written down somewhere. there is a huge thread on xs about this board and another specifically dedicated to quads here. those 2 threads got me to where i am. a lot of reading and lot of useless info but should help a ton. good luck and keep me posted

Back