• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my graphics card damaged?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geko

Copied from imaging section as it was wrong place.

I have this system a while now (no o/c at the moment), been running with no problems up till now. About 2 weeks ago whilst playing a game i get a nvidia box come up on the screen saying something to the effect of "your graphics processor isnt recieving sufficient power. To help protect against system damage or lockup, the processor has lowered it's speed to be able to continue safe operation".

I thought nothing first time it happened, thinking maybe the card a bit hot as the room was, and that it's just a one time thing. But it happened again (normally after playing a game for a good few hours). Then it starts happening after playing for about 30 mins. So i up the 12v a little trying to give it more power, no joy. I stick another psu in it (ocz 600), no joy, same thing happens. Try different memory and only 1 stick just in case, same thing.

I dont have another graphics card to try and troubleshoot it with, but does my graphics card sound damaged and/or on it's way out maybe? Never done any hard o/c on the card, only software and not on for long periods.

Thanks

Yes i have the power lead plugged into it. Guess it's RMA time, was afraid of that. Cheers

Back