• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my hyper 212+ making contact with cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jrdnj15

Registered
i just ran a stress test with intel burn test with it set to very high. According to HWmonitor all cores were between 62-65 degree celsius however when i put my hand on the heat sink it feels ice cold and then when i reach below to feel the copper pipe at the base they are also cool. Not only that but i don't even feel heat radiating from the cpu at least i think i would feel some sort of heat when it is at 65 C. So i don't know if my heatsink is not making good contact or HWmonitor is just giving me inaccurate readings. any suggestions? also disregard the overclock in my sig i turned that off months ago

If ur talking about bus speed it is 100.1 MHz I reran the IBT and it varies between 40c to 65c which I would think isn't bad I just don't like the fact that the heatsink doesnt even feel warm at the base I mean at 140F u would think u would feel at least some form of heat

Being cool to the touch is normal for a good heatsink, even under high load. Ideally the heatsink will be dissipating heat into the surrounding air as fast as it's receiving the heat, so the metal itself shouldn't feel hot to your 98.6 F fingertips.

Here's a thermal image of what it should look (and feel) like, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_sink :

CFD_Forced_Convection_Heat_Sink_v3.gif

OK that is good to know this is the first time I have really started paying attention to temps in my PC so I'm still learning the ropes. I also missed my case over the weekend and changed fans around just want to make sure everything is getting good airflow with new setup

Back