• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is overclocking on this board OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Holy thread resurrection Batman! :eek: More power phases equal better power management and better power delivery. Any board that has this will do.

Be sure to point a fan towards the mosfets near the cpu socket to keep them cool. At that speed the mosfets will get plenty hot.

well in that case my CM Hyper wont work it doesn't blow air to the mosfets, ppol from the review says that they used more mosfets than standard to manage lower temps and don't hurt the lifetime of the components, that is true ?

More mosfets? I doubt that is possible. What they probably did was add heatsinks to the rows of mosfets and with good airflow over the heatsinks solved the heat issues. What clock speed are you at now?

im at 4.0Ghz with almost everything in auto except Voltage PLL i lowered it to 1.65V

- - - Updated - - -

i oc using turbo, increasing the 4 cores to x40 i did't touch the voltages, and i don't find the Offset options either ... :(

Well...

1. 6 phases and intel is fine.
2. Chances are you don't even need a fan at those speeds. I have a 6 phase in open air (no airflow as the CPU is watercooled) and they barely get warm to the touch. In case with airflow it should be a non issue. It isn't a power hungry AMD octo.

I think I am going to split this off into your own thread considering it has nothing to do with this board. :)

Back