• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Realtemp still reliable even though it hasn't been updated since 2012?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So I have the 7700k and just got the RTX 2080. Is there a single program other than Realtemp that tracks cpu and gpu temps but in a small form factor like realtemp/coretemp?
What exactly is Rainmeter and is it any good? Here is a pic of my new 2080. Beautiful. Now to see if it can outperform my broken 1080ti I had to return. new case new card.jpg New MSI RTX 2080.jpg By the way this card is freakin HUGE! And heavy BTW, they even include a brace for it.

I still use RealTemp and it's still good. If you're setting up alarms you need to tweak the TJMax though but it is still accurate comparing it against MSI Afterburner.

I use HWMonitor. If a component has a temp sensor it reads it. As for "small" the windows are easily resized and it has a pretty small footprint on the system.

I'm using real temp too. I like how it shows temps when I start up my PC and they're sitting in a tank bar notification area. Seems accurate as I haven't melted anything yet, but I am using an older hardware.

Realtemp is accurate, yes. It just won't show all the cores and threads past 6 (when using the xxxGT.exe).

Coretemp will expand to at least 16c/t I know that. Both are accurate.

Hwmonitor def. has its uses, but I find for many it's a lot to take in, especially when they just want temps, lol!

I think the problem with HWmonitor is you need an additional TV to fit all that information. I just want my temps where I can see them while doing all my other stuff.

I think the problem with HWmonitor is you need an additional TV to fit all that information. I just want my temps where I can see them while doing all my other stuff.

Valid point for many. Unless I'm benching I generally don't look at temps. Everything expensive has thermal protection, and unless something drastic happens I sorted out my temps long ago.

Back