• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to toggle multiple App notifications at once on Android?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Lets say you want to turn ON notifications for several apps temporarily.

Is there a way to do that with one tap, other than the hard way?

The hard way being looking for / searching for each individual app, and then individually toggle notifications ON for every single one.
And then repeat the process to turn them all back OFF when done.

Is there a way to group multiple app notifications and then toggle the group ON/OFF?

I only know of mass enable/disable and individual.

Can't say I mess around with notifications that much outside of initial installation, but this could prove useful.

Sub'd...

That would be cool, maybe there's a Tasker way to do it? But like Joe, I haven't messed around with it outside of initial setting.

There are apps that can be programmed to tap parts of the screen and can be therefore 'programmed' to auto tap their way to anything.
I tried this once but couldn't really figure it out - but there's an idea for someone with patience to try... An app that can tap/click parts of the screen you program it to tap.

If automatic tapping on parts of the screen can be successfully programmed - that would open the door to all sorts of things that [incredibly] people are not generally asking for on Android, exhibit A: one tap cleaning of browser cookies and history, which is complicated to do. That is of course by design, since tracking us, is a major source of income for tech giants.

So one tap cache/cookie/history cleanup of Android browsers has also been an unreached goal.
I suspect the only way to do it is by programming auto taping app, because Google and others definitely do NOT want us cleaning cookies easily, because it strikes at the core of their business models.

I haven't posted this in a while but on PC this is accomplished like so:
Install CCleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/slim
Adjust its options to only clean web browser cookies and history. Then simply add /AUTO to the end of Target: in its desktop shortcut so it reads:
Target: "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /AUTO

And viola, a shortcut that gives you one click super quick cleanup of ALL cookies, on ANY or ALL browsers installed on PC!
That is what CCleaner is for, not snakeoil registry cleaning, it is used instead to clean cookies and browser history with one click.

Additional notes:

Code:
• Version 5.65 is the last version *without* an (extremely delayed start).
Starting with v5.66: CClaner will take a very long time to start if CCleaner is blocked from phoning home.

To resolve this issue, open this file in Notepad:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

And add to the file the following to block:
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com.edgesuite.net

• DISABLE ACTIVE MONITORING in settings.
Options > Privacy > UNCHECK EVERYTHING

• Start > Type: Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Right click Delete CCleaner items

Can't say I mess around with notifications that much outside of initial installation....

That's because you're not a gigolo.

If you were are a gigolo, you wouldn't have one dating app, you would have many.
Naturally you would want to turn them all off while you're on a date, or else your trick can't feel special.
Once you're done with your trick, you would want to turn them all back on. There's your motive for this task. :cool:

I've used an auto-tapper before in an android emulator for a clicker game, but I don't know if I'd want something like that on my personal phone and with accidental clicks and not necessarily knowing where every icon could/would be could make things more complicated.

Back