• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there anything better than CHKDSK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

Just curious if any of you use anything other than chkdsk or Norton Disk Doctor, when fixing and/or searching for disk errors in Windows XP?

If it would work, I'd bust out Scandisk for DOS :D But it dosen't like NTFS, or probably even drives this big.... (that and it's slow as poo). Sometimes I really wish I formatted FAT32 just to see what it would be like :D :D

Haven't heard of any other utilities for XP besides the ones you mentioned, so unless somebody else has ideas....

JigPu

JigPu said:
If it would work, I'd bust out Scandisk for DOS :D But it dosen't like NTFS, or probably even drives this big.... (that and it's slow as poo). Sometimes I really wish I formatted FAT32 just to see what it would be like :D :D

JigPu

Half my drives are formatted FAT32 (for recovery/backup reasons) and the rest are NTFS..and I really cant tell the difference other than the standard difference (the FAT32 are Maxtor 7200RPMs and the NTFS are WD120 SE's) Though Im trying to find the thread about the DOS addon so it could read NTFS.

As for the question of the thread, I havent seen anything else either though I beleive drive MFR's do have types of "drive checkers" for their drives, I know that atleast Maxtor does, check for bad sectors or errors and whatnot, I would assume that WD has some too.

Back