• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this RAD enough? Best Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bocko57

I have a i7 CPU and a Radeon HD 7950 GPU. I am currently water cooling the CPU only with a Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Triple 120mm Radiator. Also I am using a 6 fan push-pull setup. I want to add the GPU to the water cooling setup since I have found the waterblock to work with the 7950. Do you believe my current RAD with the push-pull setup is enough to keep the CPU and GPU cool? And if so what setup do you recommend? RAD-GPU-CPU or RAD-CPU-GPU or CPU-RAD-GPU?
Also I run my push-pull fans at top speed (noise is not an issue).

Thanks
Bocko

I guess that if you run it at full blast it could pass, but temperatures would not be amazing. It would be nice if you could add another 240 mm radiator somewhere and run your fans a little lower, but I am no expert yet. What case do you have? From what I understand, it does not matter which order you put your components in.

What i7 do you have? That generality only spans almost 7 years at this point.

My case is pretty large - Rosewill BlackHawk-Ultra Full Tower Gaming Computer Case. Sorry it is an i5 (not i7) - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W BX80637I53570K Desktop Processor Intel - I might upgrade to the i7-4790K or i7 5820K.

Last edited:
As long as you're getting at least 1GPM, loop order won't matter.
At stock you're looking at ~280W of heat to dissipate, so you should be fine on 3.120 assuming you stay at stock with the 3570K/7950.
If you start OCing and/or switch to the faster chips (which make more heat) you'll probably want to toss another 2.120 in there.

Only do it if you're going dual GPUs in SLI and CPU or you want it just because like I did. :rofl:

Watercooling bug is contagious and never ending! Welp, till you put your hand in your pocket and find nothing. :D

Back