• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this score ok for 3dmark05? Seems low. x1900xt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HousERaT said:
Your scores are low. Tweak your CCC with mippaping all the way to the left and also make sure you AI is set to high. Let me know what that does for you.;)

You're joking right? You havent' done this with any scores you've achieved I hope. Those are inflated and incorrect scores. It's an old form of "cheating" 3dmark scores. You should always have mipmap on very high and Catalyst AI on but on the low setting which is default.

vixro said:
You're joking right? You havent' done this with any scores you've achieved I hope. Those are inflated and incorrect scores. It's an old form of "cheating" 3dmark scores. You should always have mipmap on very high and Catalyst AI on but on the low setting which is default.

Come on man, thats not cheating. Adjusting sliders on WHQL drivers where one pleases is perfectly legit.

Yea, I do that with every benchmark I run... I figured that if the option is available in the driver, and I'm not hacking to use it, it's legit.

Yea, it's cheating. The test is then run with super low graphics and can inflate your score a huge amount of points. The defeault settings for drivers has been the standard for ages. It's almost as bad as using modified drivers that are specifically setup for high benchmarks. You'd never use those settings in games, the textures are blurry and completely washed out. It's like using r_lod +3

THey were comparing 05 scores, not 06. 5422 is close to average with an x1900xt at default speeds, although with your system in your sig the score should be higher (with use of regular settings, application AA/AF, no AAA, AI Low, high quality mipmap)

vixro said:
THey were comparing 05 scores, not 06. 5422 is close to average with an x1900xt at default speeds, although with your system in your sig the score should be higher (with use of regular settings, application AA/AF, no AAA, AI Low, high quality mipmap)

Are you saying my score should be higher? Or it could be higher if I changed some of the settings?

jeepguy_1980 said:
Are you saying my score should be higher? Or it could be higher if I changed some of the settings?

it looks like you did the score after turning on most of your quality settings instead of making a bench with the default settings after installing the driver. its hard to say if what you have is normal or not without knowing what quality settings you were using. for all we know you have 16xAF on and AAA, which would make your score reasonable.

vixro said:
it looks like you did the score after turning on most of your quality settings instead of making a bench with the default settings after installing the driver. its hard to say if what you have is normal or not without knowing what quality settings you were using. for all we know you have 16xAF on and AAA, which would make your score reasonable.

Are you refering to the 3DMark settings? Or my video settings?

Rattle said:
somone in this thread is pretty clueless

Yes. I take it you would like me to take my questions elsewhere?

Your video settings, keep the 3dmark settings at default so you can have equal comparisons.

And no, rattle was referring to me, he's probably a cheater too.

Back