• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with computer during sleep mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigbaddie

Hello,

When I put my computer to sleep, I would hear high pitched beeping. This also only happens when its in sleep mode ONLY. This is only noticeable when the room is really quiet. I can't seem to figure out whats the cause of this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

More often than not I have found sleep and hibernation modes to be problematic. I always disable them and put my Power Options set to High Performance so that only the monitor goes blank after 15 minutes. Keeps me and my computers happy.

Yeah but then I'll still hear my fans. I sleep in the same room as my computer. Kind of annoying to shut off every night

This is a fairly common issue, and unfortunately for everyone there doesn't seem to be a magic fix. The concensus is to typically disable the power saving options and simply shut the computer down. Not a fix but is certainly a solution (albeit an obnoxious one).

Yeah but then I'll still hear my fans. I sleep in the same room as my computer. Kind of annoying to shut off every night

Just white noise to cover all the unexpected more obnoxious noises you would otherwise be bothered by. My wife and I run an air purifier in our bedroom mostly for the white noise. Masks the sound of the toilet flushing and stuff like that that really interrupts sleep.

Back