• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issue with M5a99x /c fx 6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cwalker82

Ok im losieng my mind on this one... need some help..

I have the following configuration.

1. Asus m5A99x Motherboard. AM3+ soccket UEFI Bios.
2. G-Skill Ripjaws X Series Memory 16Gig 4x4 in Dual Channel mode. DDR3 2133 11-11-11-30
3. AMD FX-6100 3.3 Mhz
4. Windows 7 pro.
5. Corsaior Force 120 gig SSD main.
6. Sata WD green 1tb Storage Drive
7. 850 Watt Thermal Take PS.
8. AMD Radion x6970 GPU

Ok i built the system and got the following preset defaults. 3.3 Mzh and ram operation at only 1366. I have tried manual tweaking and even the ASUS Autotune. Which puts me at 4.13 mhz and 1633 Ram which I can then auto set to 2000 mhz. I am fine with the ram at 2000 mhz if I could keep it stable but 2133 would be very nice. The auto tune runs fine idle but then you run a benchmark (Burn in test) and I get 5 FPU Verification Operation Errors. Also if I try to run the windows index score it forces a freeze and reset on the CPU analyzeing screen. I have also tried keeping the processer at 3.3-3.6 and adjusting the ram to at least 1866. Agian with a failed boot. It has cost me so far 3 reloads of windows.. Any help would be apreciated. I have zero experiance with this new BIOS system and the option in the tweak AI menu are terms I dont fully understand and the book isnt very helpful. It apears I have meet the limit of my self taught computer training. Help please..

Thank you for the reply. Do you have an idea what I should set the voltage to ? or is it a matter of changeing the CPU or CPU/NB Currant cappacity? If that what % do you think I should use?

Back