• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issues with farcry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elitebear4

well i decided to pick up far cry the other day and was really excited to play. i popped the game in and encountered an issue that i had faced with the demo. even when i put in my video settings, the game doesnt seem to actually apply them. i have my settings set at medium, but when i play the game, the graphical settings are CLEARLY set at low, as if i hadnt even modified them. has anyone ever experienced this issue and solved it? ahhh

I can only change the settings right after I launch the game and before I actually start playing. Once I start playing if I go back to the video options I cant change AA anymore until I restart the game.

Launch the game put your settings where you want them, apply them, then shut down far cry, restart far cry and see if they stayed.

Other than that I've never had a problem aside from driver related HDR weirdness thats been fixed.

Get all the patches too

sigh. i apologize for creating this thread before even doing any research. i just checked out the far cry forums and found out that this occurs because the game was released BEFORE 6600 support existed. so yeah, the 1.3 drivers should fix it up nicely. thanks anyways

I should have checked that before I completely uninstalled. Not motivated enough to try a reinstall. Meh.

That and uber difficult :) I love the game, I need to reinstall and redonload all the patches :( I lost them all for some stupid reason

Back