• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's AS3 not AC3 -- Get it right dammit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How about some of the homonyms (contracted and otherwise) as well?

there/their/they're
to/too/two
your/you're

and my personal favorite, using "could of" instead of "could have"

Yes, definitely all BAN-worthy offenses. BAN THE MISPELLERS NOW!!! Better yet! BEHEAD THEM!!! OOh, boil them in oil! :)

I hope this is taken in the humor with which I view it.

If ya wanna get picky, data is a plural. So 'this data' is wrong. The correct term is 'this datum' or 'these data'.

I just found this out today.

David

David said:
If ya wanna get picky, data is a plural. So 'this data' is wrong. The correct term is 'this datum' or 'these data'.

I just found this out today.

David
Since when does the average Joe (or Joan :cool: ) home user work on a single byte of data? :p

PS: Data would still be correct, since there are 8 bits per byte, which would mean the single byte is comprised of data, and not just a single datum. :p

Funny how as soon as a moderator talks you bow down and change your post? , if you have something to say, say it, your status on this forum means nothing to me, everyone is the same. And about mistakes, I am sure you have never posted a wrong meaning of some sort:eek:. If I had an opinion and a moderator thought different, tough luck, it’s not against any rule I know to have an own opinion. I make mistakes all the time, and I would get damn ****ed off if i was corrected all the time, as I know what I am talking about, and so does 90% of others, if someone doesn’t understand, all they have to do is ask. If a newbie reads a post and someone uses AC3 and they try to buy some, obviously they will find out its AS3 so what’s the big deal.

Cheers, Turando

I feel responsible for this thread !
But now im really starting to think im thick not only did i put AC3 Instead of AS3 but as soon as i posted it and realised I went to change it but it didnt, so I went to delete it and it didnt, but hey I learnt how to fit a heatsink and apply AS3 for the first time thanks to this forum, maybe I should learn how to use these forums before posting.

i have 512 mb of RIM

haha

also a AND 2100+

with a ATE radeon 9700.

this took 5 minutes of typing with proofreading :)

rustymaitland said:
i just got done applying some ac3 to my new cpu and i lowered my temps by 9 degrees.
How much was the licensing fees from Dolby Labs?

Paxmax -- thank you, finally someone who understands :)

I think this whole issue boils down to the left-brainers vs. the right-brainers. I am mostly left-brained and have always been grammar conscious, so I notice stuff like this. Seems like there's mostly right-brainers in here so I'm getting raked across the coals. :D Which is fine.

The anonymity aspect of the internet has hosed me this time. You guys obviously can't see where I'm trying to have a sense of humor. Yes, saying AC3 when you mean AS3 bothers me but it's not the end of the world. I wanted to see what other people thought so I created this thread.

And Turnado, you got it all wrong, but that's ok.

If I could have my wish, I'd start another "army"... something like the Overclockers Anti Bad Grammar Army.

Turando said:
Funny how as soon as a moderator talks you bow down and change your post? , if you have something to say, say it, your status on this forum means nothing to me, everyone is the same. And about mistakes, I am sure you have never posted a wrong meaning of some sort:eek:. If I had an opinion and a moderator thought different, tough luck, it’s not against any rule I know to have an own opinion. I make mistakes all the time, and I would get damn ****ed off if i was corrected all the time, as I know what I am talking about, and so does 90% of others, if someone doesn’t understand, all they have to do is ask. If a newbie reads a post and someone uses AC3 and they try to buy some, obviously they will find out its AS3 so what’s the big deal.

Cheers, Turando

I agree totally with you and have no doubt that I am an exceptionally poor speller, not forgetting that my grammer is probably worse unless im in the mood to run my posts through a spell and grammer checker.
IMHO I believe a post should be judged by its content and little else, if there is some kind of misunderstanding it can be clarified at a later date.
There are many things which can create spelling or grammer mistakes and misunderstanding such as geographical differences and for a large proportion of the forum members English is not the first language and to be honest some use it a great deal better than me im ashamed to say.

I really hope that athough I am a moderator that people really do not see this as a kind of 'status' and judge me by nothing less than my post's, spelling and poor gramma ;)

I've always called it ASx. . . Of course X is the number. . .

What the heck does AC stand for anyways? I just know air conditioner..

Back