• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

it's back - Kingston 2GB flash drive $2 shipped after GCO buy.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bout a month and a half to 2 months ago i bought the 2gb green datatraveler (the one with a cap) for this price... 1.95

then about a week after that the black 2gb one with the slideout usb plug was down to .95 after GCO... so i bought that.

Waiting for a 4 gig for this price :)
Might take another half year or so for that to happen :beer:

Oh...this one is $5.34 - but not free shipping :(
Depending on the shipping, that might end up a nice free USB stick.

Last edited:
Given the way that flash capacities are climbing and prices falling I don't see any reason to get an expensive or fancy USB drive. For $2 who cares if it lasts 6 months? There will be double the capacity at half the price (although maybe not quite this special a price :p) by 6-12 months. I suppose getting a fast one might be worth it if you use it that often but even though I can't find transfer rate specs on these, so presumably they suck, I don't really care too much. I think I'll get one or two of the DT110 I linked though, on Kingston's own site there are lots of people saying that the DT100 mechanism breaks easily. In for one so far, I may get another later this week :)

Last edited:
I got a wierd email saying my order was cancelled because some of the details didn't match what was on file with my bank/CC or that my billing and ship-to adress should be the same. wth? Maybe my buy.com GCO $10 off ownage has been halted :(

I'm going to try again, maybe it's because I left a dash out of the phone number.

*edit Ha! This is funny. I checked the email for the last time I used GCO. The shipping AND billing address did NOT match what is on file for the CC used. I typo'd the street name. Of course that order went through and was delivered fine :rolleyes: go figure.

Last edited:
Back