• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[It's back!!] Logitech - MX Revolution $39.99 @ BB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, in for one. The little mousepad on the Dinovo Mini is just no good for anything but navigating Mediaportal.

Says sold out for shipping, but 4 of the 5 closest stores to me had them in stock.

The BestBuy.com review deleted my comments about how to change the battery after its out of warranty. They are in Cohoots with Logitech censors apparently.... :(

Cool, in for one. The little mousepad on the Dinovo Mini is just no good for anything but navigating Mediaportal.

Says sold out for shipping, but 4 of the 5 closest stores to me had them in stock.

How far do you sit from the HTPC? I had issues trying to use a non-Bluetooth Logitech mouse & keyboard combo (much older design, though) for my setup b/c the range was only 5-6ft, and I sat about 10' from the PC.

The USB receiver had a ~4' cable, so I attached a 15' USB extension and ran the USB receiver up into my drop ceiling and had it coming out of the ceiling directly over my head; dangling down. It was the only way to get a good enough signal without having wires on the floor.

In my new house I don't have a drop ceiling, so I got an IR keyboard that has a thumb-nub for mouse control. It's a little finicky, and the mouse function sounds like it works as good as your Mini, but it's a lot better that running a USB cable across my carpet. I rarely have to use it as my Logitech 880 remote can control Media Center just fine on it's own. I just use the IR keyboard when I have to do something outside of Media Center.

It looks like this device has a USB receiver that looks like a thumb-drive. So, if the range isn't good then you'll have to be pretty close to the HTPC for it to work.

Let me know how it works out for you. Hopefully the range on these newer models is better, but I'm going Bluetooth next time. I've been really interested in getting the Mini, but it's costly, and now that you said the mouse is crap I'm a bit swayed.

I just went to my local bestbuy and they didn't have any on hand, but they were able to ship one from another store for me. They did the same thing for me once before with a laptop.

If all the bestbuy stores works the same way, I think it is worth a try if anyone is still looking for MX revolution.

How far do you sit from the HTPC? I had issues trying to use a non-Bluetooth Logitech mouse & keyboard combo (much older design, though) for my setup b/c the range was only 5-6ft, and I sat about 10' from the PC.

The USB receiver had a ~4' cable, so I attached a 15' USB extension and ran the USB receiver up into my drop ceiling and had it coming out of the ceiling directly over my head; dangling down. It was the only way to get a good enough signal without having wires on the floor.

In my new house I don't have a drop ceiling, so I got an IR keyboard that has a thumb-nub for mouse control. It's a little finicky, and the mouse function sounds like it works as good as your Mini, but it's a lot better that running a USB cable across my carpet. I rarely have to use it as my Logitech 880 remote can control Media Center just fine on it's own. I just use the IR keyboard when I have to do something outside of Media Center.

It looks like this device has a USB receiver that looks like a thumb-drive. So, if the range isn't good then you'll have to be pretty close to the HTPC for it to work.

Let me know how it works out for you. Hopefully the range on these newer models is better, but I'm going Bluetooth next time. I've been really interested in getting the Mini, but it's costly, and now that you said the mouse is crap I'm a bit swayed.

I sit maybe 8-10 feet away and there's no connection issue with either device. The Mini and MX Revo both have little USB dongles, and both are plugged in on the back side of the case. No signal issues at all. Mostly I use the Mini from the couch, and the G15/MX Revo when I need to sit up close, for loading in DVDs or stuff other than basic browsing and watching.

The mouse thingy isn't total crap, but you wouldn't want to try gaming or doing a lot of drag and drop stuff with it. It's perfectly fine for web browsing, selecting menus, and that sort of thing. Just got to realizing, I've spent more on Logitech input devices than I did on the CPU, mobo, and RAM combined :p

Here's the gang:

Attachments

• htpc.jpg
    htpc.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 800
I'm fairly certain the Mini is Bluetooth and that'll go up to 30' iirc. I'm pretty sure the G15 is just RF (not Bluetooth, though), but since you scoot up to use it and the incoming mouse anyway you should be fine.

Nice setup!

The Mini is back on my radar! :beer:

Gonna be heading out to BB in 30 minutes , hopefully i can pick one up .

If only the G9 for 20 bucks deal came back , so i can get a nice mouse for desktop as well :p ...*wink wink* logitech

Thanks for heads up .

Edit : seem like i snoozed , was in stock this morning , now its gone from nearest stores :(

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain the Mini is Bluetooth and that'll go up to 30' iirc. I'm pretty sure the G15 is just RF (not Bluetooth, though), but since you scoot up to use it and the incoming mouse anyway you should be fine.

Nice setup!

The Mini is back on my radar! :beer:

The G15 is the keyboard, and the little upright thing between the Mini and G15 is the MX Revo in it's charging cradle. I haven't tested the range but like I said, works just dandy from everywhere I've tried it.

This uses 2.4GHZ wireless like a phone - and completely destroys the older Logitech Wireless models that I have used in the past.

I was able to get Mouse Response from over 20' away! The dongle works perfectly when plugged into the BACK of the PC to keep it out of sight...

In a word - this mouse ROCKS!!! The scroll wheel is by far the coolest feature IMNSHO. It reminds me of professional Sony VTR's with the Jog/Shuttle wheel that you push to toggle between a latching shuttle and a "free-spin" jog type behaviour. Absolutely awesome - and I even paid $49 ;)

:cool:

Had a wired MXsomething mouse that looked like that, nice and comfortable. The clicker did go out on it but it is a different model.

You guys don't find the non-notched scroll wheel or side-to-side scrolling to be a problem, especially in games? The sidescrolling would especially annoy me although I guess if you don't have it mapped it doesn't matter.

it doesnt really free scroll unless you scroll the notched thing a whole bunch, and then it frees up. the side scrolling thing never really happens, unless you actually mean to use it.

I just picked up a VX Nano for $40 from BB a few weeks ago for my laptop... absolutely love the thing. I was considering the Revolution for my PC before, but now I might just have to go pick this one up. Awesome.

kicking myself in the butt for missing this deal, if this comes back up please please repost! Im looking to grab a bluetooth keyboard and mouse sometime soon, might even post a seperate thread asking for one :D

i think they are done making them thats why they where cheap. close out.

i hope not. i like this mouse alot just didnt want to spend $90 on it. but if they are infact no longer making it i might have to grab one

Back