• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've got a really wierd Bios version for my p4c800-e dlx board. any thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

My bios version says 08009....I have no idea what this means. I thought the only bios version for P4C800-e deluxe where 1011,1013,1014,1015,1016,1017beta. All I know is that I used to have 1016 on my old p4c8000-e dlx board and I wasn't even able to go over 235fsb, and now I'm able to hit 250fsb pretty easily. What gives? Whats up with the wierd bios version?

You have the same bios as mine. Did you forget a 0 mine is 080009? My computer is a Compaq X gaming pc so I am assuming its a modified bios by Compaq. When my computer boots a Compaq flash screen comes up instead of an Asus screen. I was thinking of updating my bios but I don't think my restore cd will work because somehow it looks for the Compaq bios.

Yes, I did forget to add a 0, but mine isn't compaq and I get the same logo on screen. So I'm still not sure whats up with it.

How do you back up the existing bios in case you want to go back? In my case it would be if I wanted to use my Compaq recover cd. I want to flash to the newest bios but I would only do it if I could back up. Also can you do this with out a 3.5 floppy, maybe a cdrom or something. I don't have a 3.5 floppy drive on my computer, I can plug one into my computer if I need to.

Use the ASUS Utility called "ASUS Update", which will update BIOS from the web, a file, and save BIOS to file.

Guys, that's not the BIOS revision you're looking at. It's one of AMI's #s. To find your actual revision # before you flash, use CPU-Z, Sandra or Aida32.

Still, it's reading the wrong number. That's not the BIOS revision. That number shows up in certain places on mine too. Try AsusProbe, Sandra or Aida32. The revision is also shown during POST, but the screen goes by so fast that you may not be able to see it.

Okay, That IS my bios revision. I can go into bios, system information and under bios version it gives me that number. It also gives me that number at the post screen. It also gives me that number in Asus Probe, it also gives me that number in sisoft sandra. That is my bios revision. I have no clue what bios that is, but it is what my bios currently is. :bang head

Yeah I flashed to 1.17 002beta a few days ago. I kept that bios on a disk just because I want to try and find out what the deal is with it.

Back