• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Java Crashes Computer (Windows 7)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You have not left this forum to reboot....
I'm not will to give you farther instruction in an open forum, who knows you may be the hack and your hack backfired. I'm through with this thread.

What in the world are you on about???

You have not left this forum to reboot....
I'm not will to give you farther instruction in an open forum, who knows you may be the hack and your hack backfired. I'm through with this thread.
I think the crashing part of running a Java program probably reboots his computer. I also have no idea what AD has to do with Java.

crimsonzero2, if you have done a full reinstall of Java, tried other versions, and still have the same issue, I'm with ATM that this issue is outside of Java. I'd start by making sure the system is clean, moving onto stability tests if everything comes up ok.

@ATMINSIDE I'm going to try that again to see if it will catch anything with some new virus scanning software from microsoft

@Techjesse I did too reboot after uninstalling/reinstalling java and changing my password to my game, after that it crashed within 2 seconds of playing; much shorter than it usually does... So don't be sitting there and calling me a liar about doing something you told me to do because it didn't work

If the scan doesn't find anything boot to Safe Mode and re-run the scan.

@thideras Yeah, I'm working on that right now to see if I can find anything my other software hasn't found.

I don't understand how a hack can do this, nor do I understand why he's referencing Active Directory for, but I'd take his advice and reboot.

Java always has security exploits it so it wouldn't hurt to reboot & change passwords.

EDIT: D'oh! didn't see page 2 :-/

You have 2 video cards, but are not running them in sli. Remove one, try the game and see what happens. The temps on them look okay, I'm guessing that was at idle?

Yeah, I had them sli before but it went and disabled itself once i updated the driver. Do you think that maybe one of them is failing? If it was failing, wouldn't that have caused my other games to crash the computer also then? Or is it possible Java is having trouble using both cards?

Even if an infection is "cleaned up", it can still leave damaged components behind. I'd backup the data and wipe the system.

I was actually thinking of getting a new hard drive to build up what I have from scratch and use this one to see what I have to put on my new one since I got libraries for coding.

You could have missing registry entries, .dll files, etc after the malware was removed.

When activating my sli, I noticed one of them caused my screen to show weird coloring (black turned into a weird red) until i dedicated one of them for phyx. Do you think this might be my issue? And by the way, how would I check for missing things from any malware?

Time to cut your losses, follow thideras advice. Backup what need, and reinstall Windows, or if you have an image of your os, from when you weren't having a problem, you can try that.

Back