• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Joining Team-32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No worries, we're glad you and Nitteo are aboard.

We know we shouldn't, but TBH, threads do get hijacked right and left; both in regular conversation, and on our forum.

I've even thought of creating a sub-team: "Thread_Hijackers_R_US". :D :D

Excellent to have you aboard benscoobert!!! :beer:

Hope to see you on the board for Team 32 soon... and speaking of that, I haven't seen nitteo on our stats page yet?

Nitteo is ** GASP ** still folding for his former team!

:"He's probably swamped with RL stuff going on, just hasn't got around to it, yet. Be patient."

::"I say bring out the hounds, straight-away! Nobody likes a mean teaser, by golly!"

:"True enough about a mean teaser, but let's wait on the hounds."

:D :D :D

You are so right, i've decided to switch too, i am with custom pc and posted on their forums, what a bunch of miserable b*******

i've had help from people here and were so helpful, such a contrast

Welcome nitteo and benscoobert! :beer: x :beer:

Just set your keyboard and mouse right down...make yourselves @home!

:soda:

Nitteo is ** GASP ** still folding for his former team!

:"He's probably swamped with RL stuff going on, just hasn't got around to it, yet. Be patient."

::"I say bring out the hounds, straight-away! Nobody likes a mean teaser, by golly!"

:"True enough about a mean teaser, but let's wait on the hounds."

:D :D :D

Hold the hounds, old chap!

Team 32 should see my puny points sometime today!

I had 2 rigs go down on me the last few days, upgrading my c2ds to quads, and I installed Vista on 3 Ubuntu Machines, mix that in with RL = family (topic for another thread) , and work...

Last edited:
woot! Thanks all for the welcome...from rank #43 in my old team to #20,000 in OCF!!!

Cheers to all and looking forward to painting a few of you RED.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Keep'em folding!

Gotta love smack talk from a new member.:beer::)

Make em eat dust nitteo.
456.gif

Last edited:
Hold the hounds, old chap!

Team 32 should see my puny points sometime today!

I had 2 rigs go down on me the last few days, upgrading my c2ds to quads, and I installed Vista on 3 Ubuntu Machines, mix that in with RL = family (topic for another thread) , and work...

you replace ubuntu with vista? :O even I think that is wrong lol. Glad to hear you are getting stuff worked out though.

PS - grrr EOC acting flakey right now. saying I have 0 points in the last 24 hours haha.

you replace ubuntu with vista? :O even I think that is wrong lol. Glad to hear you are getting stuff worked out though.

PS - grrr EOC acting flakey right now. saying I have 0 points in the last 24 hours haha.

Yup, from my experience (this is the same machine):

Ubuntu x64 SMP + [email protected] = 14mins per Percent

Vista x86 SMP + [email protected] = 10mins per Percent

:confused: But that is my story and I am sticking with it.

Wow... must be one of those units that happens to be faster on Windows... b/c on par Linux will win the tpf battle vs. Windows.

I don't exactly recall which WUs those were... but I seem to remember it being the cache sensitive p2608/9/10. ChasR knows I'm sure.

I have one Vista rig and I find it to be slower than XP on all WUs. XP, in turn is slower than native Linux on all WUs except p2608,p2609, and p2610.

Comparing 4 MB cache C2Ds on p2653 (similar results on p2604, p2605, p2651)
Vista = 569 ppd/GHz
XP = 605 ppd/GHz
XP/VMware/Ubuntu 7.04 = 696ppd/GHz
Ubuntu 7.04 = 735 ppd/GHz

Last edited:
Back