• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a 980, recommend me some games!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol yeah my fault. that is how i got mine as well the other two games well they just didn't impress me at all. another one that is not really graphics heavy but still has some fun factor to it are some of the older FPS/RPG games like the stalker series with the mods it can be made to look pretty good. and borderlands part one and two the pre sequel is ok but the one and two IMHO are legendary but you have to play them more than once and get to ultimate vault hunter mode

I despise borderlands. I despise anything cell shaded, actually. It doesn't look good to me.

Lol, yeah it's not for everyone, it does not have the best graphics that's for sure. I enjoyed the game play

I despise borderlands. I despise anything cell shaded, actually. It doesn't look good to me.

Borderlands 2 has been one of the best PC game purchases I've made. I know it's down to taste but I would classify it as a must play for modern PC gamers. Playing couch Coop Dual screen with my buddies is a priceless and overlooked feature and it's time for developers to catch on. Both screens @ 1080p Maxed out with AA and still smooth as silk on my system.

Borderlands 2 has been one of the best PC game purchases I've made. I know it's down to taste but I would classify it as a must play for modern PC gamers. Playing couch Coop Dual screen with my buddies is a priceless and overlooked feature and it's time for developers to catch on. Both screens @ 1080p Maxed out with AA and still smooth as silk on my system.

Why are people trying to convince me to play borderlands? I've played it. I didn't like it. I like games that actually push my hardware. Aside from that the gameplay of borderlands just didn't do it for me.

Why are people trying to convince me to play borderlands? I've played it. I didn't like it. I like games that actually push my hardware. Aside from that the gameplay of borderlands just didn't do it for me.

Who is trying to convince you to play borderlands?

Uh, Crysis 3.

Same here bro, I think we're in the minority.

If I wanted to go on an acid trip I would, I don't need a game for that, besides my acid trip would have better graphics AND gameplay. Lmao.

Elite Dangerous - I know that stresses the system, not as much as Star Citizen but it can beat it up nicely.

Sadly I'd keep to what others are saying as well. I've become simpler and gone with quiet a few more indy games on the PC as of late. Still eyeing up a few big ones but play those on my console now.

While old game, the remastered Homeworld is coming out... as well GTA V for the PC which has to look great... I mean it looks great on both the last gen and this gen consoles. New one looks better obviously. As well just got Grey Goo (RTS) and its suppose to be system heavy, so we'll see how the GPU can handle a large monitor :)

metro last light is supposed to be pretty heavy. my biggest gripe with it was that 2033 was so horribly linear that it hurt, and its probably what turns me off of last light. but again i remember reading it was supposed to be pretty graphics heavy. i have i and well i dunno what o say about it. IMHO crysis had the same issue it looked beautiful but game play was crap

i have been playing dying light, tons of zombie smashing if that is your thing. the 980 chews it up pretty well

up coming witcher 3 is said to have some 16 hours of nudity, lol looks promising lmao

metro last light is supposed to be pretty heavy. my biggest gripe with it was that 2033 was so horribly linear that it hurt, and its probably what turns me off of last light. but again i remember reading it was supposed to be pretty graphics heavy. i have i and well i dunno what o say about it. IMHO crysis had the same issue it looked beautiful but game play was crap

i have been playing dying light, tons of zombie smashing if that is your thing. the 980 chews it up pretty well

up coming witcher 3 is said to have some 16 hours of nudity, lol looks promising lmao

I have played Crysis 1 and 2. 1 was fantastic. I played through on hard many times over. It was great feeling like the alien from "Predator". Crysis 2 was boring and I didn't finish it. I'm hesitant to try Crysis 3.

I played The Witcher 2 and found it to be ok but sort of not too good of a game. I can't count how many times I heard that stupid little girl say "Can girls be witchers too?" in the first village. Really turned me off of that game and made me not want to play it any more.

I will admit that crysis has that predator feeling about it and that makes it cool, so I must take back the comment on game play being horrible, because I do remember my self stalking the bad guys like a lion does a gazelle.

Crysis 3 had its moments too there are a few levels that made me go WOW cool. like the train yard level. im not gonna say anything about it if you have not played it and intend to

Last edited:
I will admit that crysis has that predator feeling about it and that makes it cool, so I must take back the comment on game play being horrible, because I do remember my self stalking the bad guys like a lion does a gazelle.

Crysis 3 had its moments too there are a few levels that made me go WOW cool. like the train yard level. im not gonna say anything about it if you have not played it and intend to

I haven't even looked at Crysis 3 gameplay on Youtube. Crysis 2 ruined it so totally for me that I don't really feel inclined to go in and check out 3.
So feel free to spill the beans about that level. I don't mind.

ok, there is this one part in it when your at what looks like a train station and your hunting CEPH and the grass has over gown the place and you can't tell left from right very easily lol its freaky by something i have never in any other game. whats nice about the game is that it seems more like it has a plot bu hats one o those things that everyone sees differently just like not everyone likes the same book. another part that is fairly neat is when the damn breaks the next level after that your traversing in the wreckage the scenery is awesome

ok, there is this one part in it when your at what looks like a train station and your hunting CEPH and the grass has over gown the place and you can't tell left from right very easily lol its freaky by something i have never in any other game. whats nice about the game is that it seems more like it has a plot bu hats one o those things that everyone sees differently just like not everyone likes the same book. another part that is fairly neat is when the damn breaks the next level after that your traversing in the wreckage the scenery is awesome

If someone wants to gift me a code for Crysis 3 I'll play it but I'm not shelling out for something I know won't be as good as the original ;).

You should try the game rimworld,easy if you make it easy,difficult if you make it so,not a gpu demanding game at all. Just a good game to try,just throwin it out there!

Back