• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my P4 930 3.0Ghz / ASUS P5WD2-E Premium MB and OC'd It....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wizzard005

Hey all,

Well today I got my new CPU and motherboard from www.hwguys.com. As many of you know I Had a ASUS P5WD2-Premium Motherboard, however I was switching out the heatsink and the flat head screwdriver slipped and scratched off a few traces.

Since that happened, I figured, hey what the heck, time to upgrade :)

I now have the P4 930 and it seems to be good so far. I have it clocked at 3.8Ghz atm, cant go any higher right now because I live in Hawaii and its like always 80f or so in the house, so until i move back into a house with AC, or get watercooling, i have to keep the clocks down a bit.

Load with Prime95 x 2 is 66c - 68c
Idel is 48 - 54c depending how hot it is in the office.

Also, i noticed alot of you have load temps of 54ish, however you must have high db fans?

I am useing thermal controlled fans 120mm, max speed 2100RPM...

Anyways, just figured I would share. Now I need to sell my old P4 3.2Ghz 1mb on CL for like 50.00 bucks :p

Good luck with your system Wizz. The 930 and P5WD2-E is a great combination but definately needs to be running cool to operate over 4G.
You may want to check the TIM contact between the HSF and CPU and be sure the 930 IHS isn't dished it, causing it to run even hotter in that Hawaiin environment...(extreme jealousy here man).

I think its all good for now. I want to buy a Koolance Case i think, I will have to wait and see what happens, as I also want to built a onboard system for my truck....

So far tho, I am not too happy with the TM XP-120, I think its overrated or you have to have like a 5k RPM on it to keep the CPU cool....

Back