• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just impulse bought this...good choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Ok, so iv finally decided that fairly soon il be making the swap to C2D, as my pentium d is definately getting long in the tooth. However, i was already aware that all my current ram, bought well over a year ago now, whilst good overclockers dont produce the kind of fsb id be looking to give a conroe...
Soooo, to replace ,my current 2gb of Corsair pc5300 iv bought 2gb of this:
http://www.crucial.com/uk/ballistix/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=BL2KIT12864AL1065&cat=
As theyve just slashed the uk price on the pc2 8500 stuff and I figure that this will be the last ddr2 i ever buy, and ram wont be getting another upgrade in my rig for another year minimum. Could have paid £8 less and got regular non led stuff, but i hate the yellow heatspreaders... rather than liking the leds.....

so what do you guys think? any feedback? what sort of reults should i be looking at? are the chips on em ok?

great ram but I dont know how competative the prices are across the pond. If you think that the price made it a good buy vs competition this is certainly a good move as they have high binned d9gmh

inkfx said:
All I'm going to say is you better strap a fan to those sticks. They are going to get pretty hot.

Naturally :D Already got a nice ram cooler rigged together and waiting for em.....
got these cos they were a LOT cheaper than same speed corsair and warranteed to do them at less volts....
Does anyone know if I can damage the led's in these by overvolting the ram?

Back