• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just orderd some A-DATA Vitesta Pc4000, any experinces from Komusa ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
two sticks of 512MB A-Data Vitesta PC4000 are on their way...
They where 25€ cheaper (per stick) than the kingmax and I'm on short budget at the moment. (I'm glad I got my rent paid) :santa2:

hmm were did you get them from kingmax is usally cheaper.And the adata is in the hyperram section at komusa.When go to the bottom off the page you will see a box for brand option click on that and it gives you a choice of regular hyperam or adata chips plus you have to order heatspreaders.

Cheep
I was lucky this time. Adata was usually 130€ per stick, just like Kingmax, but there its only 107€.. So I've got them for 219,30€ shipping included.
Now beat this :clap:

I recieved my Adata 4200 set from DCCsells today. They are not in retail dual pack like pic., but they all bloody red. I am waiting on new mobo from newegg.

Right now they running fine in epox 4PEA+ (845pe) @ 231fsb 2.5 3 3 7. I changed to 2.5 2 3 7 the system get lock up.

If I use 2.4B on IC7-G, will the mobo let me set 4:5? I know my 2.4B can max out 3.6 under water, i dont know it can go pass 200FSB or not because the 4PEA+ cant let me pass 200fsb.

The reason i get the pair of ram 'cause I will replace the 2.4B with 800fsb cpu. Right now i have no change to see how good the rams will go!!

Lifthanger said:
Cheep
I was lucky this time. Adata was usually 130€ per stick, just like Kingmax, but there its only 107€.. So I've got them for 219,30€ shipping included.

Lol, one "e" missing in "cheep";)

But I'm still not sure wether to buy them or get some low latency- modules, just read in another forum in a thread of mine that low timings are better than high frequencies... argh, getting crazy! (hmm, should I get both? Could try it and send it back (in Germany we have a law allowing this))

If you want to wait some days, I could post some results.
Better timings are really better than higher FSBs, but I've read a review at toms hardware, where they tested ram with different timings.
Important is that they didn't use benchmarks and such only, no they used everyday programs and games, too. Differences between 2-2-2-5, 2,5-3-3-6 and 3-4-4-8 (the last number is varying based on which system is used) are very small as you can read here : link (german) I think there is an english version, too.
I found this review rather impressing because it shows that more bandwidth doesn't have to result in more speed. Its nice to have double points in sandra, but to save about 5% time encoding or to get 5% more FPS, I wouldn't pay the money. And unfortunately you can't do anything productive with sandra :).
This price/performance value has yet to be beaten. And as I read in a review of this adata ram, it handles 2-3-2-x (or 2-2-3-x not sure, maybe even 2-2-2-x at higher voltage) at 200FSB.
I hope I could help ;)

btw: you're physics, maths or Informatik student in Karlsruhe, aren't you?

Last edited:
Ah, tomshardware is just bull*hit imo- they're so pro-intel (sorry, don't want to start anything here) and (at last in Germany) they fake so much...
Once they tried to overclock a P4 up to 4Gig, and they said they managed using LN2 and a vapo on chipset- then they released a pic "in full action" and the stock- cooling for the chipset was still on the board- and there was ice everywhere... :bang head

Anyway, I would apriciate your results, and others of course! And I think it is pretty obvious that the effect of timings is not really big, but it is important for my next rig.
And no, I'm not yet a student- just a pupil ;)

Lifthanger said:
Cheep

my 400 US dollars for a pair of Adatas. Makes my paif or 3700Ebs look like a bargain at $307.

I think rather controversy about toms hardware. some things were really helpful, while others are not. (They made me buy a 9600 XT.. damn I was dumb).
I'll tell you when my memory arrives.

situman, 400$ for 2*512 ?

I just asked because I'm originally from Karlsruhe, des kannsch mir glaube.
lol

Last edited:
K4mui said:
Lol, one "e" missing in "cheep";)

But I'm still not sure wether to buy them or get some low latency- modules, just read in another forum in a thread of mine that low timings are better than high frequencies... argh, getting crazy! (hmm, should I get both? Could try it and send it back (in Germany we have a law allowing this))

No_One (a) is missing in cheap...lol

Last edited:
Dethshaft said:
so, what are these then? http://www.buyaib.com/avi10pc50nou.html

I am confused between Vitesta and theregular stuff on the komusa website
Its the same thing i have from newegg adata viesta ddr500 and mine fly.But they seem to have daul channel kits now.The only difference is in the name komusa sells them under hyperram. And they give you the red heatspreaders if you order the aluminum ones.Im not sure what color you get if you order the copper heatspreaders.BUT ITS THE SAME THING.BELIEVE ME I HAVE THE PC 4000 FROM NEWEGG AND THEY DO 270FSB AND PROLLY HIGHER ITS JUST MY CPU WONT LET GET THAT HIGH.

Lifthanger said:
I think rather controversy about toms hardware. some things were really helpful, while others are not. (They made me buy a 9600 XT.. damn I was dumb).
I'll tell you when my memory arrives.

situman, 400$ for 2*512 ?

I just asked because I'm originally from Karlsruhe, des kannsch mir glaube.
lol

yeah 2*512. try www.atacom.com. So far no problems with them. Not sure if they ship internationally though.

The price is great ;).
Special thanks to K4mui, because everywhere else they were 260€ = 310$ (this is more like the typical difference between german and US pricing. you're real lucky over there!) w/o shipping. Saved me a lot of money, but if they won't work, you're the one to be responsible :p .

gigabit said:
Its the same thing i have from newegg adata viesta ddr500 and mine fly.But they seem to have daul channel kits now.The only difference is in the name komusa sells them under hyperram. And they give you the red heatspreaders if you order the aluminum ones.Im not sure what color you get if you order the copper heatspreaders.BUT ITS THE SAME THING.BELIEVE ME I HAVE THE PC 4000 FROM NEWEGG AND THEY DO 270FSB AND PROLLY HIGHER ITS JUST MY CPU WONT LET GET THAT HIGH.

ok so Vitesta and Hyperam are the same thing. Groovy :clap: I just wish I had an extra hard drive laying around to test my cpu limits without taking apart my whole damn rig...

Back