• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just orderd some A-DATA Vitesta Pc4000, any experinces from Komusa ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DCCsales.com have them (pc4200 also) in stock. should i try to make order from this company? PC 4000 better than the PC4200? or they are the same?

I just got off the phone with Randy from Komusa. (nice guy) and ordered 2 more sticks of hyperam (pc4200) to go with the two (got in March) I already have. I told him the ones I have will do 292 3,4,4,8 and wanted to know if the ones he has now would do the same and he said it is still the same chips on the ram. I told him how great the previous set was and hoped the new ones would do the same and he said they couldn't guarantee them above their rated spec of 266. He never mentioned hand testing for an extra $20 but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

He said theyre DDR600 still had some issues with certain video cards (Nvidia) but they were still working on it.
I didnt know ram had anything to do with video cards but admittedly I am no Einstein. :D

Diablo23RD said:
DCCsales.com have them (pc4200 also) in stock. should i try to make order from this company? PC 4000 better than the PC4200? or they are the same?
interesting looks like the first of adata's new offering (actual vitesta pc4200) from adata. resellers doesnt rate them very well...

Xception said:
I just got off the phone with Randy from Komusa. (nice guy) and ordered 2 more sticks of hyperam (pc4200) to go with the two (got in March) I already have. I told him the ones I have will do 292 3,4,4,8 and wanted to know if the ones he has now would do the same and he said it is still the same chips on the ram. I told him how great the previous set was and hoped the new ones would do the same and he said they couldn't guarantee them above their rated spec of 266. He never mentioned hand testing for an extra $20 but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

He said theyre DDR600 still had some issues with certain video cards (Nvidia) but they were still working on it.
I didnt know ram had anything to do with video cards but admittedly I am no Einstein. :D

thats some very welcome news... thnx guy...

actually, the hand testing came from my request.. last summer i bought some of their first adata pc4000 hyperram. 1 stick ran great 292/295 the other ran only 258. randy said that i could return the 258 even tho it ran to spec. and for 20.00 he would test another faster one. well needless to say last summer 290mhz or so was a crazy overclock, so i jumped at the chance. he gave me a nice one that ran around 290 also. i was so happy i sent him 40.00 bux...

Last edited:
i think im calling as im not getting a responce to my email.
but if its just video card problems hell ill be useing a 9800 pro anyhow.

deathstar13 said:
i think im calling as im not getting a responce to my email.
but if its just video card problems hell ill be useing a 9800 pro anyhow.

really, id just stick an old pci card in and let it eat!!!!

flapperhead said:
really, id just stick an old pci card in and let it eat!!!!
yeh no kidding i have a nice 4mb pci dirrus just waiting for duty lol

and ill be damned if my bro isnt on our phone! i have no luck on my side today! :(

Xception said:
Good on you flapper :) I hadn't read this whole thread before I ordered or I would have made the special request ;)

yeah thats why i always recomended komusa.. and to be frank their pc4200(adata) runs so much alike im not sure if its necessary nowadays..

flapperhead said:
yeah thats why i always recomended komusa.. and to be frank their pc4200(adata) runs so much alike im not sure if its necessary nowadays..
ygpm and this time we are being secretive ;)

I try to take a risk to order a pair of Vitesta pc4200 at DCCsales.com with ups 3 day + insurance. I hope they ship them out soon!

Diablo23RD said:
I try to take a risk to order a pair of Vitesta pc4200 at DCCsales.com with ups 3 day + insurance. I hope they ship them out soon!
did you already order? and you saw the resselleratings i posted?
chancy man as you could have bought the same sticks from a reputable company like komusa.
i hope it goes well tho i never wish bad luck, well only to my x-wife ;)

deathstar13 said:
ygpm and this time we are being secretive ;)

LOL. :beer:

billiam said:
I just spoke to randy, he said that he can hand select memory modules for me. Do you think an extra $40 is worth it? $300 for 1024 isnt that bad i guess, if it can reach high fsb with decent timings

I thought the point of buying the Hyperam was that it was cheap and fast? At $300, it's no longer cheap IMO. I wouldn't pay the premium.

Bill was the nice guy i talked to i must have been talking to that Randy guy you people are mentioning, he was the one who was screeming at me and said he wouldnt refund me that $126 they charged.

i believe that 126 dollars is a pre-authorization with the bank. Happened to me with Newegg and PC SupplySource. They said it hasn't be charged and the credit will be returned to me in a few days. And it DID! So don't worry about it.

I got a email from DCCsales. I called them, and they said i will got them in 3 days, and the guy told me the memories are red like the pics on website. I told him your site have low pos. feed back and he said something i did not get it.

Back