• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just orderd some A-DATA Vitesta Pc4000, any experinces from Komusa ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CandymanCan said:
Thanks for youre help, if i seemed argumentative on my reply to you before it wasnt ment like that. Sorry

np, sometimes i have a tendencey to come across like a know it all with the komusa hyperram. its not meant that way, its just that i have dealt with them alot. you have made the best choice with the their pc4200 adata...

deathstar13 said:
ok heres what i know.
komusa uses adata vitesta pc4000 in all the pc4000/4200 sticks.
what you ordered isnt hand tested probably by komusa and is just str8 from adata and is factory labeled adata vitesta

then komusa takes these same sticks and hand grades them for thier hyperam pc4000/4200 and the best get binned as pc4200.

flapperhead does know the komusa guys and methods also but ill let you guys work that out.
i personally would have went hyperam 4200 for best ocing sticks.but what your getting should have a 50/50 chance of being as good.

So when I ordered my gig of PC4200 yesterday and picked the A-DATA option, I goofed? I didn't spring for the heat spreaders because I think they're a waste of time.

aldamon said:
So when I ordered my gig of PC4200 yesterday and picked the A-DATA option, I goofed? I didn't spring for the heat spreaders because I think they're a waste of time.

sounds to me like u ordered the good stuff. as long as u went to the hyperram section then selected the pulldown box and picked adata..

Should have gotten the heatpsreaders, 266fsb or overclocked to 280fsb or mhz for the a64's using 2.8-3v the ram will get very very hot.

As far as I know the A-DATA don't like volts like for example the BH-x did or do.
They achieve wonderful results, but have crappy timings imo.
Still looking for cheap 266MHz a-data since they mount TCCD on it :clap:

But they cost 160€ instead of 130... going to do it, though :santa2:

Timings like 2-3-3-8-1t and the 3-4-4-8-1t has no real difference in the a64's Performance wise.

Reason is because the low latencies on the A64 cpu

maxvala on his a64 system last winter got like 301 with a single 256 stick of the komusa pc4200 adata hyperram. 295 stable... darn good i think..

CandymanCan said:
Should have gotten the heatpsreaders, 266fsb or overclocked to 280fsb or mhz for the a64's using 2.8-3v the ram will get very very hot.

My board can only give it 2.8V. Heatspreaders not necessary for RAM at 2.8V. I doubt they're even really necessary at 3V. It's all marketing and chip hiding. But that's another discussion for another time.

I have 2X512 of the Komusa Hyperram PC4200 with A-Data chips without heatspreaders. SPD is 2.5,4,4,7 and that's what they seem to like best. Like someone else mentioned, they don't really seem to like excessive voltage and I found that to be true. My IC7 only has 2.8v and they do fine at that vdimm. My AI7 does up to 3.2v, but they flake out above 3v. My RAM did a max of 288 FSB and are 100% memtest stable at 283 FSB. Good stuff.

CandymanCan said:
Timings like 2-3-3-8-1t and the 3-4-4-8-1t has no real difference in the a64's Performance wise.

Reason is because the low latencies on the A64 cpu

:cry: Another different attitude towards A64 and latencies... there seems to be no clear information about that.

batboy said:
I have 2X512 of the Komusa Hyperram PC4200 with A-Data chips without heatspreaders. SPD is 2.5,4,4,7 and that's what they seem to like best. Like someone else mentioned, they don't really seem to like excessive voltage and I found that to be true. My IC7 only has 2.8v and they do fine at that vdimm. My AI7 does up to 3.2v, but they flake out above 3v. My RAM did a max of 288 FSB and are 100% memtest stable at 283 FSB. Good stuff.

the adata hyperram runs best between 2.8/3.0v max. this is because they are either the rev b bt/d43 and or d5 hynix chips.. good stuff..

K4mui said:
:cry: Another different attitude towards A64 and latencies... there seems to be no clear information about that.

Well I do know what i said was true, iv tested it myself after someone said that to me and i noticed no diff at all.

CandymanCan said:

I thought the A-Data comes with the red heatspreaders. Am i wrong with this?

I'm looking to order a gig of this as well, so should i get the A-Data PC4200 or the Hyperam 4200. I'm just a bit confused as to which one to get, or is it the same with different headspreaders?

thanks,

-D

order the pc4200 hyperram,underneath is a pulldown box that gives u an option to select adata. pick that selection.these guys get alot of ram.the pc4200 adata hyperram comes without the heatspreaders .they give u the option to buy copper ones for extra... it is very fast and and a really good deal...

K4mui said:
hey you delete your post? i was gonna ask a question about that site if they have an english version?

Ups- sorry, I just recognized too late that the thing I wrote and thought was absolutly bull*hit...sorry for that.
Afaik www.cheeep.de has no english site, and they do only ship to (uff, gonna be hard) G, AUS, CH, F, NL, DEN, I, Belgien Schweden, Luxemburg and Finnland (sorry for the last four :-/ )

edit: or did you want do ask me about the TCCD? That's on the right side, "Navigation- Arbeitsspeicher- PC, Server- DDR- DDR566"

K4mui said:
Ups- sorry, I just recognized too late that the thing I wrote and thought was absolutly bull*hit...sorry for that.
Afaik www.cheeep.de has no english site, and they do only ship to (uff, gonna be hard) G, AUS, CH, F, NL, DEN, I, Belgien Schweden, Luxemburg and Finnland (sorry for the last four :-/ )
its all good man! plus your english is better than mine and its all i know :(
hmmm to bad i cant get it here tho,you mentioned tccd ic's on it? thats samsung if i think about it isnt it?

and thats expensive stuff as 159euros = alot here lol

Back