• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The "Orange Box" is finished! :clap:

You would not beleive the crap I had to go through to get the paint to stick the the plastic.
At first the old paint bled through and started to drip, so I used some paiont thinner to remove it - no go. Then I scraped it with a chisel, sanded it, then washed it.
Finally light coats of paint started to adhere. It took 5+ coats.

There are some heavy spots as well as one screwed up spot on the front but who's looking at it anyway.

Also, the clear plastic piece on the front somehow cracked while I was painting it, so I had to remove it :-/

Still it looks good Silver especially for your first time at the rodeo.

Nice SP :thup:

So I was doing some putzun this morning with a Athlon II 64 5200+ X2, I got this validation and then it all went haywire or should I say just died! I think I popped my board a Gigabyte Ga Ma790Fx Ds5 but well see in due time.
]

Nice clock bud and believe me I feel your pain. You know what they say "Can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs"

I went to go do a screen shot for the Cpu-Z challenge for this month in The Overclocktagon and it just shut down on me. Tried all the normal things to get it up again and it wouldn't post. Gpu fan was spinning but that's it. I pulled the chip thinking I may have toasted it, because I had hit it with a boatload of volts earlier to try and get it up higher but it didn't like it. I put my known working Athlon II 6000+ in and it still wouldn't post. Hoping it's just the board but :shrug: well see. :D

Nice Clock Mandrake! Nothing like the smell of toast for breakfast.

Attachments

• clown5.jpg
    clown5.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 50
You guys that are running for max CPU %, should also lower your multi and test for the k8 fsb in the team cup as well. I got a decent score, but any improvement is good.

You guys that are running for max CPU %, should also lower your multi and test for the k8 fsb in the team cup as well. I got a decent score, but any improvement is good.
Yar was planning on that xsupergbx but now the Gigabyte looks to be dead...... I had been testing a few days ago and had it up to 355 but I didn't SS it thinking I would be able to repeat it or better when I brought the temps down. :facepalm:

Here's a link to my fsb sub. Wasn't able to get it to boot above 265. I'd appreciate any tips out there that could help. I downloaded ever available Bios but haven't tried any of them yet, so maybe the right BIOS would likely improve my scores.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2622024_

Drop all your busses remove a stick of ram, drop the multi and just see how far it'll go.

Also. Run up the fsb in windows. Sometimes you have to take your time, change it 5 or 10 at a time. When you get close to your max, go 1 or 2 at a time. Push f7 in cpuz after every new step.

I have also found that relaxing timings can help as fsb get up there.
Sometimes the chips won't do it though.

Drop all your busses remove a stick of ram, drop the multi and just see how far it'll go.

Also. Run up the fsb in windows. Sometimes you have to take your time, change it 5 or 10 at a time. When you get close to your max, go 1 or 2 at a time. Push f7 in cpuz after every new step.

I have also found that relaxing timings can help as fsb get up there.
Sometimes the chips won't do it though.

That's pretty much what I did. I'll try pulling one of my sticks and see if I can get an improvement. So changing BIOS won't help?

Well, I was able to get a little higher. 271.9 by pulling a stick. Will different CPU's also help with that?

http://hwbot.org/submission/2625178_blaylock_reference_clock_m3a79_t_deluxe_271.9_mhz/

EDIT: I'm still 5th out of 5 and that's not sitting well with me. the 4th place entry has me by 20mhz. Hmmmmm

They might, but FSB is mainly up to the mobo.
If it doesn't like it, force it. :D

If it still doesn't take it..... I dunno, muck around with voltages.

Here's something a tad odd. May not apply here but my Gigabyte won't post 0.1Mhz over 108MHz BCLK, and it's unstable with IMC, VTT and Vcore at stock levels (Stock Vcore is actually higher than it's set now!) It is however, stable with less voltage on the VTT IMC and Vcore.

Still unstable if I bump the voltage over stock, it seems to like less voltage, and maybe your board does too.
Worth a shot anyway :)

Different CPUs do behave very differently. Also try a couple different multipliers. Some don't like 4 or 5 etc.

Sweet! I think I just found another 0.05CPUv in my board. I've got the FSB up to 273 while running Super PI 1M.

EDIT: This will increase my CPU-Z, Pifast, and FSB scores!!!

You're still a long way from xsuperbgx 's score of 445. I doubt your board is going to do it Blaylock. He's running a DFI which typically will go a lot higher than most.

Have you tried in windows yet with AISuite or AOD?

I'm using AOD in Windows. I've been booting to a known good FSB and raising FSB in AOD. I was able to get it to run S-Pi 1M at 276 last night before getting rounding errors. I'm fairly sure I'll be able to get a run in pifast with the same/similar settings. CPU-Z I would guess I'd be able to get FSB up to about 280. 600Mhz OC on air isn't to shabby I guess. spi.JPG

My long term plan is to run this 3800+ until I get a "decent" submission for each different bechmark, then drop in the 6000+. I expect I'll have learned a few tricks along the way and my scores should reflect that. Also the different chip may improve my scores in FSB also as Super mentioned each chip reacts differently. After the 6000+ I'll switch to my Sempy 145 and my X2 265 after that. If I haven't burned down the house by then I'll drop in my Phenom II 1090T and retire it from my gaming rig and build my Intel rig.

Out of any of those the sempron would give you the highest bus speed but it's no longer a K8 for the competition. It does take a lot of messing around to get things to work for you Blaylock and so far you're doing great.

Nice clocks there Blaylock and no 600 Mhz is not too shabby.

Oh and I stuck my Gigabyte board in my car yesterday while it was sitting in the sun, to dry. I though maybe some moisture crept in while benching though I did have it insulated and it booted this morning. Nice!!!!

Nice Mandrake! That's great news. I've heard of people baking their vid cards to revive them, but wasn't sure if you could do the same with MoBo's or not. I know it's not the same as drying it out, but was wondering if that might do the trick. I've got my old MSI board that died and was wondering if I should cook it to see if it comes back to life.

That's great news Manny.:thup:
Did you check the CPU yet? It might be fine as well. I'll warn you tough if you see some odd behaviour out of that board, it could be a warning sign. If I had heeded mine I wouldn't have lost 2 CPUs.
Nice Mandrake! That's great news. I've heard of people baking their vid cards to revive them, but wasn't sure if you could do the same with MoBo's or not. I know it's not the same as drying it out, but was wondering if that might do the trick. I've got my old MSI board that died and was wondering if I should cook it to see if it comes back to life.

The only thing that'll fix is bad solder connections around chips and such Blaylock. Yopu can give it a try but that's not likely what is wrong with the board. Just an FYI it stinks something terrible and is likely toxic.

Back