• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
appears the rubber seals in the aluminum radiator were starting to leak. the cooling tubes go in what I would call a header and outside rubber inserts act as the seal. I tried plugging the leaks but run out of available left-overs. one busted thumb later it was bed time and a *ell of a mess. the left over thermaltake quick disconnects seem to fit in the header with some persuasion.

also just enough snow again this morning to cover the ground but mostly melted already.

Johan, the email I was referring to came in my inbox about 1 minute after you posted. no attachment just the text in the message was all kinda scrambled. seemed just like a normal email notification of a post in here.
anyway.

Lol basically for me it comes down to my custom loop, or better parts ....
If it were me, for-go a 24/7 custom loop and just do a benching loop. Get a magdrive pump, cpu block, bucket for coolant, some 1/2 id - 3/4 od hose from a hardware store and a used 360 or better rad. It will likely cost you less then doing it pretty for a 24/7 setup and even in OK. I have to believe the temps outside will help if you can stick the rad out the window.

Bud of mine from ME had his big car rad and all in/out the window, but the apartment gendarmes gave him a big red NO checkmark. He had his underpants mildly torqued for sure.
RGone...ster.

I can't imagine the power draw of 3 house fans just to cool that rad with ambient air. I'd be willing to bet just one would give you within 1c as all three.

I can't imagine the power draw of 3 house fans just to cool that rad with ambient air. I'd be willing to bet just one would give you within 1c as all three.

the largest fan is 2 directional with 3 speeds each direction.
middle fan is just one-way high and low.
fan on the main board is 3 speed.

like you said I have tried different speed combinations on the fans at very little temp difference.
under prime95 torture test full speed helps.

opening the windows and dropping the temp makes the greatest difference.
heat is still off inside the apartment here, im in apt 2 of a 4 apt 1 story building so gaining ambient heat through the walls on each side.
radiator, im my opinion, is producing a lot of the needed heat for the apartment at these current outdoor temps.

Bud of mine from ME had his big car rad and all in/out the window, but the apartment gendarmes gave him a big red NO checkmark. He had his underpants mildly torqued for sure.
RGone...ster.

nothing but "noise/sound" complaints about my unhooked subwoofer the last 2 months.
walls are thin and obviously my fault again.
whole complex gets "prepair for winter" letter..
yada yada snow removal, efficiency and put up storm windows and make sure windows stay shut.
lol.
:sly:

there are no storm windows here and hasn't ever been at this development.

Came across this on facebook tonight. Seems a DAZMODE had some issues with his test or for filling his loop. Can you spot the problem?

olala.jpg

circuit breaker!

pump doesn't appear constructed to be used as submersible!

cavitation may create fluid pickup loss in such a small container.

ac/dc conversion may not have enough amperage.

I hope that's a piece of tubing drop next to the ac adapter!

Think the two above nailed it, no hoses connected and if the pump is submerged that might be an issue also.

You could not believe it? Just check around in the forums and you will know how that could happen. No attention to details. Hurry up and let me game. No clue of the principle involved. And the list goes on and on.

I had a friend that went "Glock" nuts. He and I got talking about the crazy arse shett peeps do in computer forums. He assured me it was not simply computers since the "Glock" forum was just as full of numb shett.

Another friend spoke to a time in the miltitary police when upon going off duty they had to clear their weapons.
1. REmove Clip.
2. Cycle action to remove live round.
3. Lower hammer. Gently or similar.

Skip #2 and the result was a round into the concrete side of the HQ Building. I almost lost it when I heard that. My bud said he was always on pins and needles when he drew patrol with that individual. Rightly so I would guess.

So pump in water and killing it is not surprising.
RGone...ster.

Yups not a submersible pump ....... :facepalm: :rofl:

I couldn't believe it.

Now that's funny shett man, was that the guy from Dazmode or did I misunderstand you bassnut?

Back