• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@unsafesteagle

Scratches head..... Using SS unit to chill water loops? Why not just run the SS? You'd be 1000mhz ahead of the game already....

Or just a simple bucket of Ice water maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

1-2"*2" round copper slug, 1- 2"* 12" sch. 40 copper pipe, Drill press and a little JB weld.

View attachment 166940

a little Time with a drill press and you have a Dice pot

View attachment 166941

Leak tested down -90*C

some sanding and it ready use.

Thank Shimp

That's really nice. Good DICE pot, should net some real big numbers on many chips!! :cheers:

I'm probably talking what I don't know here.
this 1/4 hp compressor I believe and not certain its functioning correct.
been in storage, below zero outdoor temps last winter.
15 months ago I tried ss on this 9370. 4 minutes under prime 95 temps sky rocket from around -10 to overheat in just seemed seconds.

was also planning run it for something to do, assist the bucket of ice water.
still lacking some insulation materials, I hope to gather up in the next couple weeks.
this unit has me on the cautious side as I like system 24/7 and have lost gpu's from melted frozen condensation falling off the cooling nozel.
I had purchased this unit to use on a 4 core 970, worked well at around 4.995 MHz 3dmark 05.
pushing above 5.0 ghz 970 resulted lucky to get cpu-z validation.

and as silver_pharoh stated, the middle of nowhere has its obvious boredom issues.
please excuse my nonsense if I'm heading down a "been there done that" road.

also awesome way to create a dice pot above.

mirror finish similar to this under the processor heat spreader?

View attachment 166936

some nice rigid filter material I removed from the cooling unit.
should be able find a use for it.
I've also a salvaged piece of screen door material close by, more manageable to shape.

View attachment 166937

such process you mention as de-lidding seems imagined more difficult than tig welding after half a can of this.

View attachment 166938

alls the same settings. did some few hours gaming last night.
2.6 ht nb
2.4 memory
4.9 cpu

View attachment 166939

still reading wide range of cpu package temps.
also have not used stress testing.
Actually, the die was not mirror finish. It was a nice, smooth matte finish :)

Some people come to know their limits and that is a good not bad thing. You could do it if you were not looking for shortcuts as there really are none. None that are extremely safe. Otherwise, very time consuming. For sure.

RGone...

Yes it is RGone yes it is.

Honestly, when I look back at it, if I had the time and the proper sandpaper I would try it again. But that's just it - time.

IF I take my FX out to lap to the core, I have no rig for a few days even a week.

1-2"*2" round copper slug, 1- 2"* 12" sch. 40 copper pipe, Drill press and a little JB weld.

View attachment 166940

a little Time with a drill press and you have a Dice pot

View attachment 166941

Leak tested down -90*C

some sanding and it ready use.

Thank Shrimp

I must say, that is a sweet pot man! :thup:
Nothing like the sense of accomplishment when your hard work pays off.

I'm probably talking what I don't know here.
this 1/4 hp compressor I believe and not certain its functioning correct.
been in storage, below zero outdoor temps last winter.
15 months ago I tried ss on this 9370. 4 minutes under prime 95 temps sky rocket from around -10 to overheat in just seemed seconds.

was also planning run it for something to do, assist the bucket of ice water.
still lacking some insulation materials, I hope to gather up in the next couple weeks.
this unit has me on the cautious side as I like system 24/7 and have lost gpu's from melted frozen condensation falling off the cooling nozel.
I had purchased this unit to use on a 4 core 970, worked well at around 4.995 MHz 3dmark 05.
pushing above 5.0 ghz 970 resulted lucky to get cpu-z validation.

and as silver_pharoh stated, the middle of nowhere has its obvious boredom issues.
please excuse my nonsense if I'm heading down a "been there done that" road.

also awesome way to create a dice pot above.

Right wasn't indicating anything other than personal curiosity. Not sure what road who's crossed where. None of our business I suppose while you have SS problems, I fail to see them in the pictures, looks to be a working unit, but from what you've described, it's not.

I'd have more questions for you, but you've already answered my question that a 1/4 HP unit will not do the "tricks" I'm looking into for my own daily SS unit. I need temps in excess of -50 so I can produce a 6ghz figure for a daily clocks.

Any how, I was going to create an SS unit from an old Hydrolic pump and parts from automotive air conditioning. The pump motor is 2/3 HP (if memory serves correctly, and a compressor from say a 93 Olds Cutlass Sierra. Should produce some really nice temps. I'm to understand R134 may not be the best choice in a refrigerant, but it's abundant.

My only issue is creating my own chilling head. It's not often I get to see the "insides" of these, but I'm to understand how they work. So designing something that's going to work well is going to take trial and error, I'd rather just "get it right" the first time and be done with it.

I must thank you for no such questions as I seem my list busy enough.
an electric hydraulic pump for hp gains to turn a pulley connected 2/3 hp compressor would not sit well with apartment warden.
and I would guess less electric taxing.
just a guess.
:thup:

- - - Updated - - -

and I would just have to, get an actual look at this nozzle.
will eventually post pics.
as discussed with cooling professional, the nozzle of this unit only thing makes it unique.

Shrimp check into propane fire refig. less moving parts and smaller.
just the cooler unit.

I will thanks for the tip!

- - - Updated - - -

I must thank you for no such questions as I seem my list busy enough.
an electric hydraulic pump for hp gains to turn a pulley connected 2/3 hp compressor would not sit well with apartment warden.
and I would guess less electric taxing.
just a guess.
:thup:

- - - Updated - - -

and I would just have to, get an actual look at this nozzle.
will eventually post pics.
as discussed with cooling professional, the nozzle of this unit only thing makes it unique.

Have to get back to ya on specs of the pump motor. It's at my shop right now turning a blower at 1500 CFMs :D.

The blower on my bench desk is around 1200CFM.

- - - Updated - - -

@LRG5, I know automotive AC will be changing over to a propane type I think as early as 2016 well see the change over. The idea behind it is actually a warmer temp from the evap so they don't have to run cold over the heater core to control vent temps and eliminate some moving parts in the meantime. R1234yF I think is what they are going to do? Read it in a shop magazine a couple of months ago.

actually looks like a small engine piston and ring to hold on the mounting plate....
remove with fingers.

Picture 20.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

give me some more boredom, this unit if repairable at all will be beyond repair. lol...
jking..

I will thanks for the tip!

- - - Updated - - -

Have to get back to ya on specs of the pump motor. It's at my shop right now turning a blower at 1500 CFMs :D.

The blower on my bench desk is around 1200CFM.

- - - Updated - - -

@LRG5, I know automotive AC will be changing over to a propane type I think as early as 2016 well see the change over. The idea behind it is actually a warmer temp from the evap so they don't have to run cold over the heater core to control vent temps and eliminate some moving parts in the meantime. R1234yF I think is what they are going to do? Read it in a shop magazine a couple of months ago.

what your using one of those electric forced hot air blower systems as an air cooler?
are you referring to those house units known as "heat pumps" going around. offering large rebate as did with fluorescent light bulbs years ago.
I cant see vehicles carrying propane and gasoline. lol..

IMG_20150725_234213[1].jpg

Sempron Skt A chip I killed by cutting all the L7 bridges.

Sanded gently until all the copper was exposed. You can see where I sanded too much with the dremel when I was sanding the core down.

It looks much better in person, you can see all the traces :)

what your using one of those electric forced hot air blower systems as an air cooler?
are you referring to those house units known as "heat pumps" going around. offering large rebate as did with fluorescent light bulbs years ago.
I cant see vehicles carrying propane and gasoline. lol..

This one
http://www.grainger.com/product/DAY...m/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/7HL51_AS01?$smthumb$

Sempron Skt A chip I killed by cutting all the L7 bridges.

Sanded gently until all the copper was exposed. You can see where I sanded too much with the dremel when I was sanding the core down.

It looks much better in person, you can see all the traces :)

Lol that's cool. Lap it some more and expose the actual core!

This one
http://www.grainger.com/product/DAY...m/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/7HL51_AS01?$smthumb$

Lol that's cool. Lap it some more and expose the actual core!

I tried! Silicon eats up sandpaper like crazy!!! :(

The athlon's core is exposed - but shattered and now half sanded away....
I think I see a bit of the IMC or the actual core. Sooooooo shiny and rainbow :drool: :drool:

Exposing the core is what lead me to sand the Sempron - but it too was sanded too much and part of it's core is gone.

Now I want a bunch of dead or cheap CPU's to sand down to copper, I think this can be a fun hobby! :)

even plug the chimney then attempt a huge blower to empty the air out of the house.
check for leaks around windows and such.
blower is hooked to a small computer to output a "rating" of heat leaks or such.

If it makes any wonder.... It can push air through 12 120.2 radiators stacked 6 high.

Who needs 84 cfm push pull config when there's massive air flow available.

Does it lower ambient temps? Not unless I put my chiller evap over the intake hole of the blower. Drop room temps by 7c easy.

Back