• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Still tracking 4 different tracking #'s shipments.
Will obviously be next week before breaking down the system.

Notice some obvious dust build up in my radiators.
as always fell short on some items on my list.
"evolving list"
will be fun.
lol.

Here in Northern Maine, area is really water saturated, waterways and ground itself.

Facebook can link to Quigley's Outdoors, not certain I can post hyperlink while logged in my account.
Fishing derby registry and residential building supply business.
Moose tagging station and newly outdoor gear sales.
I've not yet to catch a fresh water alligator@! :)
Nor this weekend.

Bear Season is in pre stage as baiting is up and running.

Don't forget guys that board scotty has is DDR3 so it won't run the older AM2 stuff.

August 20 day comp is open at ClassicPlatforms.com. Open to the public, possible prize involved for the best Cinebench R15 score!

Both AMD and Intel welcome for two separate categories. Our strictest rule is just to come on over and have some fun. Daily gamers and bench rigs welcome.

Cooling restrictions to liquid only, no speed restrictions.

Grab it like a rabbit and have at it!!!

3 different tracking #'s showing out for delivery here.

my older cousin has an intel setup arriving today I believe.
going to get a look this after noon.
intel 5820?
evga classified?
NVidia 750?
uncertain.
will see.

have no idea who won muskie derby.

just look at that stupid avater of mine, it's over there,<<<<<<<<<<<<< to the left now compare that to the gif, down there, vvvvvvv, any idea how to make that<<<<<<< do that,vvvvvvvvv ?

Attachments

• space.gif
    space.gif
    248.9 KB · Views: 43
evga classified 2011 v3
i7 5820
ax860i
evga superclocked 750ti
ripjaws 4 x 8 gb 2666 ddr4
Samsung evo 850 500gb ssd

OS installed when I left.
Bios needed left on auto, user specific, temp was 40c or so.

another one of those large aluminum coolers with about 120mm fan facing 90 degrees from the cpu.
integrated copper heat pipes.
this cooler didn't have enough surface area to completely cover the top of the cpu on contact.

I know all the windows stuff will not help because it.... well... it's windows and stuff and ......it just kind of sucks....... so I'll try the gimp.

now I'm against the 10kb limit so I'll just have to find a static one....
let me see if I can find one of brucy jen jen.

I'm no graphics expert but don't think you can to my knowledge edit an animated gif ...... it is a group of gif images run in a certain order shrinking it messes it up ..... If you can figure out how to disassemble it then shrink all the gifs and put it back together .....

I was talking with Blay and Scotty about running my older Athlon x2's for benching (DDR2). I had tossed up some boards that looked okay but Blay said the one Scotty had ways way better :) I think the board we had agreed on, was the Gigabyte 790FX ____ DDR2 board :thup:
And as always, stuff comes back and bites me in the *** :( I don't have a board to bench my x2's :facepalm: because I gave it away to a friend 3-4 years ago. I had a Gigabyte 790X-UD4 (DDR2) that I gave to him free, so that he could upgrade from a 754 board.

What is cool about AMD's current chip sets is that a current Top Of The Line 990FX ( CHV F-Z ) will run all AMD CPU's that support DDR3. This covers the PII x4's, the PII x6's, and the first and second series FX CPU's :) I think the last one Intel had that covered multiple Generations of CPU's was the 775 Socket.

It is certainly nice that one can plug multiple generations of AMD chips in a 990Fx board.

AFAIK the new ZEN CPU from AMD is slated for DDR4 along with a new socket ( AM4/1090FX). I think I read that it might use HBA 2 memory???? I'm not sure as HBA has just been used on the new Fury X video card. AMD does not need any delays on releasing their new CPU @ 14nm or 16nm. Intel is already working on their next Gen 10nm CPU. As has been mentioned in all forums on the internet that has a CPU and/or GPU section, Intel's and NVidia's R&D budgets are HUGE compared to AMD's CPU/GPU R&D budget. I think AMD hit a snag on their new ZEN CPU, which is why they brought in Jim Kelly from Apple to help.

the gimp reduced the size to what I needed in one operation, here it is reduced, and it still works.

Attachments

• space2.gif
    space2.gif
    67.9 KB · Views: 74
AFAIK the new ZEN CPU from AMD is slated for DDR4 along with a new socket ( AM4/1090FX). I think I read that it might use HBA 2 memory???? I'm not sure as HBA has just been used on the new Fury X video card. AMD does not need any delays on releasing their new CPU @ 14nm or 16nm. Intel is already working on their next Gen 10nm CPU. As has been mentioned in all forums on the internet that has a CPU and/or GPU section, Intel's and NVidia's R&D budgets are HUGE compared to AMD's CPU/GPU R&D budget. I think AMD hit a snag on their new ZEN CPU, which is why they brought in Jim Kelly from Apple to help.

My Giga GA-MA790FX-UD4P accepts AM2, AM2+ & AM3. So I can run all my AMD except my FX on that board with DDR2. My ASRock 990FX EXT9 only accepts AM3 & AM3+ so only my Sempy 145, 1090T & FX can run DDR3. I've thought about getting an FM platform but can't seem to justify it. I'll probably wait until the next platform before I buy anything new from AMD. I might still get some used FX8's though.

Back