• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now I debate option of insulating a 2ndary or reserve main board for sub-ambient cooling.
First attempt, you know how that goes.
and of course isn't a board here I would to use as such, or enough experience to quickly assume material totals to accomplish chv afterwards.

pardon my English.
lol.

still missing some stock materials to accomplish closed air shroud to the radiator.
looks as if last tracking # will not arrive today. which is more fans and long hdmi cable.
last but not least, boredom temps me.

I managed find 2 panels left from the recycled case and 1/2 from the back room.
trace out template, drill and finish with snips.
got first run at quick cheap flange to mount on the radiator!

needs more tweaking!
Picture 30.jpg
Picture 31.jpg
Picture 32.jpg

Picture 33.jpg
spare radiator.
almost certainly quicly doable as such.

going to need a single, double and triple with better overall seal.
can obviously tweak measurements and such from here better overall product.

I'm @ the inevitable system shutdown.
I was going to wait for the last package to arrive this month, but what can I say.
not sure how long system will be down, I dislike it already. lol...
Picture 149.jpg

major system dust in the radiator fins, one month total I believe.
not sure this photo does justice.

Picture 148.jpg

I did not notice any fatal errors, but very consistent local system latency seemed slower.
did not monitor temps as of late.
system remained my 24/7 bios settings.
I did do a amd video driver update and also transitioned into windows 10 official release.
possibly some application conflicts, or maybe its the new "edge" browser I've been using.
possibly voltages too low.
only time will tell.

my years of infinite boredom have me cutting thin neoprene strips to double as airflow seal.
not to terrible tedious but some nice non-permanent glue would have definitely been a +.

Picture 152.jpg

Picture 153.jpg

placed more neoprene strips on/inbetween the vent flange side of the fan

becomes apparent, using the fan as air input and the vent attached, the overall flow through the radiator is reduced with the vent attached versus just sitting on the floor without the vent attached.
50' vent is expanded to about 10' total.

first glance/guess is push/pull would be very beneficial in this type setup.

- - - Updated - - -

I am fairly highly limited in bolts/nuts to bolt up any new shrouds at this point.
missed those items on my list.

I wondered if the vent pipe would be too restrictive for the fans you're using. You may have to step them up to Deltas to get the air you want.

:comp:

Couple mornings my cousins new system verify system and odds and ends.
yesterday was the corsair ax860i psu fan does not turn on. psu operating around 36 degrees c
corsair link under his windows 10 did not seem to allow me turn the psu fan on.
or I was obviously missing something.
psu has no physical switch to on/off eco or hybrid mode.

and his retirement has given him opportunity to drink many beers which more than likely is not a good thing for me.
lol.

first 6 pack in over 40 days.
:beer:

find myself awake sober in the night.
lol.

project been on a 24 hour standstill here.

Johan I have a delta fan here.
high rpm model.
only one
and it is very noisy to say the least.
also the venting will be no more than 5 or 6 feet lengths.
the 10 foot section I tried had sharp turns that could also prove difficult for airflow.
this is interesting project to say the least.

did not manage pick up some more bolts nuts and washers.
also still lacking a method of fastening the vent after I attach the vent to the flange.

good news is that from cousins assembly I learned my evga supernova has an app available on evga website similar to the corsair link application. Or so I am thinking.

yesterday, we started p95 blend test just for a minute or two.
I was only using hdmonitor quickly check temps.
turbo seemed working.
bios was all left alone/auto except the boot order.
hwmonitor spiked to 54 degrees fairly quick when started p95.
the psu fan was tough to notice if spinning still.

knock on wood, he seems very happy at this point with the system.

another issue was the evga main board only had a single usb2 header.
interesting how that cpu had double threads.

need to focus on my own project now.
tks

OKAY :(
Looks like my bad luck continues :rain: I was putting together the water cooling on my benching rig :thup: and was looking at doing some DICE cooling. I was not paying attention as I was pouring in the coolant :bang head So I ended up over filling the line and over my board :facepalm: The areas that I had already applied conformal to were okay, the bottom part of the board was not :chair: I now get a constant CPU LED light with the error code FF :(

So I'm in the market again for a AMD benching motherboard, should I buy the CHV F-Z again or go with the Asrock Extreme 9????
I will probably donate the motherboard to Dolk's research :)

Take the board out and put it in the sun or inside a hot car and let it dry, see if it helps.

My Wife asked me " Do you need to do the dishwasher thingy again" :rofl:
So the board might be savable???? I spilled the stuff this time yesterday, I got up early so that I could clean the board with 91% alcohol. After the spill, I cleaned as best as I could but I got the CPU light and FF error. about 30 to 40 minutes of playing with it, I got it to boot into the BIOS. I was in the BIOS when the message " USB overvoltage detected, board will shut down in 15 seconds " after that, the board would not power on :(

excluding these green fans, 100 mile round trip has been greatly appreciated to provide these materials for under 12$
I do feel confident now to proceed to end build plan, hopefully by morning.

Picture 155.jpg

My Wife asked me " Do you need to do the dishwasher thingy again" :rofl:
So the board might be savable???? I spilled the stuff this time yesterday, I got up early so that I could clean the board with 91% alcohol. After the spill, I cleaned as best as I could but I got the CPU light and FF error. about 30 to 40 minutes of playing with it, I got it to boot into the BIOS. I was in the BIOS when the message " USB overvoltage detected, board will shut down in 15 seconds " after that, the board would not power on :(
Well you probably turned it on when it was still wet, I'd let it dry for a couple of days in the sun or a car like I said and see what is what. It is possible that if you powered it on and it was still wet it's a goner but time will tell.

No extreme9, I know Mr.Scott has killed 2 and IIRC, it's not a 12 phase VRM, just a doubler.

Do dry the board out though, much cheaper :D

Back