• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kijiji is quite popular yes :)
Re-Store is a good idea, I never would have thought about checking there. My dad has been there before, some nice stuff he says.

I think I saw mention of acrylic (sheets?) somewhere, maybe Rona or would have 'em since I pass by it after work.
Corrugated plastic... That sounds interesting... I'll have to look for that. It would add texture to the case instead of plain old plexiglass. :thup:
Wonder if it's like that ripped glass you find on shower doors?

Hehehe and thanks for the birthday wishes guys :D
It was a nice birthday, nice easy day at work too. Put in 10 hours instead of the usual 12. It's nice to get home before 8pm lol

Happy Birthday Mr. Pharaoh!! glad you had a good day at work. I know all about those long days man. I'm usually home past 10PM start working 7:30 AM, an hour between jobs yada yada.... I so miss home lol. Figure 15 more months or so, and I can quit that second job after I get the truck and some other things paid off. That'll be a feel good day let me tell ya!

Call around the hardware stores and see if they might have cut off pieces of plexiglass laying in the back. This is how I get some copper tubing for my Dice and LN2 pots. Sometimes if the guy is cool, you can get it free.

Happy Birthday Silver.
Trust it was a Great one.

I had 8 hours or so in an overall cool basement stacking firewood.

need to regroup here, finish off some of these materials.
again I'm disliking the idea of shutting down.

in consistent 80f degree ambient temps, is still apparent up against gpu heat even at streaming video @ 1080p 42" tv.
these ambient temps can not sustain themselves much more than 2 weeks, another 6 weeks close to outdoor frost line at night.

I feel your pain man. It's a bit cooler today because it's overcast but the humidity is still high so it feels terrible.

london weather.JPG

GAAAAHHHH!!!!

Just stripped the Retaining set screw for my Saab front rotors. No one in town has them and I'll need to order online. That's normally not an issue but I have a hard time swallowing $10 shipping for 2 screws that are only $3 each. FML

In truth there is one Saab dealer in town and I just missed them. I'll have to check tomorrow. It's a special screw and I've only found it on one site so far. I'm going to wait and call the dealership tomorrow and hope they have it. Everything there has been priced just above rediculous so I won't be surprised if I end up ordering them anyhow.

http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/9354/Disc-Brake-Rotor-Set-Screw-Front-90278945/

EDIT: Junk yard may be a decent option too. Nice suggestion.

20150819_194735.jpg

It's not even really necessary. Most people just leave them out.
They're just there for assembly line purposes.

On my Silverado I would agree with you Scotty, but that's because it has lugs. The Saab's use bolts so you would need to rotate the rotor and rim to line up the holes then put the bolt through and try and tread it without it moving on you. A real PITA.

On my Silverado I would agree with you Scotty, but that's because it has lugs. The Saab's use bolts so you would need to rotate the rotor and rim to line up the holes then put the bolt through and try and tread it without it moving on you. A real PITA.
Volkswagons are the same way.
Still, it's more a matter of convenience than necessity.

Volkswagons are the same way.
Still, it's more a matter of convenience than necessity.

Same with my last Volvo, haven't done the rotors on the new one yet. I never put that damn screw back,. All messages from this user coming from the beach with beer in hand so you may also ignore them. :)

I don't know how you guys survive up north sure its hot here but we got the beach weather all year. In January were fishing in the keys and you guys are freezing !

hey, i know a bunch of people who go fishing in january.... just they have to drive a few hours further north and then they go ice fishing, ha.

I couldn't imagine the fish being very lively when they are ice cubes lol. I assume everyone is drunk in the ice hut so maybe that's what makes the fishing a challenge lol.

Not sure, I've never gone ice fishing myself. I hear the hut on the ice gets quite warm inside.

Back