• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you a paver Mr. Scott?
I do it all.
I'm the operations manager for a construction/landscaping/snow removal company.
I have experience in all heavy equipment and am a commercial truck driver for over 30 years.
I also wrench our equipment and fleet in my slow time, along with trying to institute some work ethics into the younger employees. Most of the time, that's more challenging than the actual job.

Last edited:
I do it all.
I'm the operations manager for a construction/landscaping/snow removal company.
I have experience in all heavy equipment and am a commercial truck driver for over 30 years.
I also wrench our equipment and fleet in my slow time, along with trying to institute some work ethics into the younger employees. Most of the time, that's more challenging than the actual job.

"young guys" Lol! Don't get me started on the work ethics on the 35 and under guys I work with. When a 54 year old man outproduces them doing a physical job on a consistent basis there is something wrong. As far as working outdoors in the heat as long as I drink enough I am fine. My main problem is being blinded by sweat and my safety glasses fogging up. That and wasps and hornets it the telco equipment, stuff like that. Oh, and people who have houses like you see in that Horders reality show.

"young guys" Lol! Don't get me started on the work ethics on the 35 and under guys I work with. When a 54 year old man outproduces them doing a physical job on a consistent basis there is something wrong. As far as working outdoors in the heat as long as I drink enough I am fine. My main problem is being blinded by sweat and my safety glasses fogging up.
We are the same age, and seem to incur the same issues. ;)
Challenging is about the best way I can put it.

"young guys" Lol! Don't get me started on the work ethics on the 35 and under guys I work with. When a 54 year old man outproduces them doing a physical job on a consistent basis there is something wrong. As far as working outdoors in the heat as long as I drink enough I am fine. My main problem is being blinded by sweat and my safety glasses fogging up. That and wasps and hornets it the telco equipment, stuff like that. Oh, and people who have houses like you see in that Horders reality show.

That's because you where taut the proper ethics when you were young :) WELL that is if you went to PI ...... SURFBOARDS on the Quarter Deck don't count :rofl: :thup:
Semper Fi

Interesting casual topic.
I'm 38 disabled over a decade fixed income.
Find myself to shopping happy on Steam Game Network since June.
lol.

Ordered my daughters 2 "stuffed animal" digital code's to enter as game website, bank can not find the transacation and transaction complete on the shopping site. so at this time $19.17 is "lost in space".
lol...

I've been lazy here to say the least.
Extreme Heat has exited the outdoor air feels different to say the least.
3 1/2" bimetal hole saw to arrive today, another after affect of beginning of the month shopping.

Still have not attempted 2nd shutdown, add 2nd valve sub-ambient insulation etc..
just noticed the sump-pump mag-drive was not submerged in the reservoir creating major water flow reduction

The Canadian guys complaining of the heat should really try coming to the southeastern states in July and August. 90+ degrees at 7 am with near 100% humidity.

We have had quite a few days this summer with 30+*C heat early in the day. Did a dirtbike race at the start of july with 40*c temps. Don't think humidity is anywhere near that high though, this is one of the driest summers I can remember, which is why there's so god damned many forest fires this year.

Interesting casual topic.
I'm 38 disabled over a decade fixed income.
Find myself to shopping happy on Steam Game Network since June.
lol.

LOL... Same here, I'm 46 and had to retire 3yrs ago for medical reasons :(
Wife is wanting to kill me as I have just killed 3 AMD boards in 2 weeks :chair:

Thx for the junk yard suggestion Scotty. Dunno why I didn't check there earlier. Found out all SAAB 9-3 &9-5's use the same screw.

$2 to get in and they didn't charge me for the screws. Just a wave and a "Have a good day". Good day indeed. I love Shiney new parts on an older vehicle. Just makes me smile.

20150822_122348.jpg

We have had quite a few days this summer with 30+*C heat early in the day. Did a dirtbike race at the start of july with 40*c temps. Don't think humidity is anywhere near that high though, this is one of the driest summers I can remember, which is why there's so god damned many forest fires this year.

Canada gets wildfires in the northwest like we are getting on the west coast, southwest?

- - - Updated - - -

Thx for the junk yard suggestion Scotty. Dunno why I didn't check there earlier. Found out all SAAB 9-3 &9-5's use the same screw.

$2 to get in and they didn't charge me for the screws. Just a wave and a "Have a good day". Good day indeed. I love Shiney new parts on an older vehicle. Just makes me smile.

View attachment 167907

My fall project is to put rear disk brakes in my Ford Ranger. Can't believe they came with drums till near the end of the line.

new ram has just been ordered.
needed another set of ddr3 for the htpc/benching rig, and wanted to upgrade my current rig from 8 gigs to 16 gigs anyways, so ordered a set of Gskill TridentX 2x8gb ddr3 2400 cas 10, and they will go in this rig, and the 2x4gb 1866 cas 9 ripjawsX will go in the other rig.

edit
holy crap thats a lot of water, ha.

View attachment 167907

Car repair day here too.
Me and my dad have been repairing my car all day... look at this
20150822_135200.jpg 20150822_135212.jpg 20150822_135219.jpg

Wheel wells completely rusted out.
I never knew is was this bad otherwise I would have repaired it sooner...
I'll be lucky if it live for another year. :(

Funny how a simple strut replacement turns into a "save the car from rust" job :p

I don't even know how you guys let them use salt on your roads :eek:.

Mostly sand up here. Township is too cheap for salt lol.
This rust has been eating away for years...

Previous owner drove it on the 401 to Toronto from Barrie everyday so there's the source of the salt I'd wager.

Back