• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Small world that's where my wife is frome most of her family is still there... We rent a cottage in july near Perth a place called Sharbot Lake. It really rocks no literally so many rocks in that neck of the woods.

Yes Sharbot Lake is only about a 30 min drive from here and yes very rocky, you must live pretty close to me. We are actually going camping may 24 weekend not far from there at McGowans Lake. Right now I am looking at 3 houses one on Buck Lake that needs a ton of work but the price is right with about 125000 in equity when fixed, we just looked at one on Rock Lake that has some potential but at 269000 it is on the upper end of what I can afford without a big mortgage(preferably none) the other on Whitefish Lake is nice but small we would be looking at an addition which would be costly.

That's cool I know where Buck lake is the other so so. But I live south of Woodstock near Tillsonburg, Yeah the same one the Tom sang about. Tobacco country only now it's more the illegal kind they grow round hear!! It's about 45 mins from London. But the lake country up ther is just beautiful the place we go is for sale right now there's a few cottages together but it's $500,000.

ok, I got some stuff fixed and built and all changed around so, we start again.
the first time around I started off all kinda wrong by starting in the middle so this time I'll start at start.
the rig.
fx 6300 at one clock.
the motherboard, asus sabertooth.
the video card, saphire hd7770, ghz, overclock edition.
no crossfire till we can't get anymore from this one.

first snip is stock, benchmark is 3dmark.
at gpu 1150/mem 1250

Attachments

• stock card .JPG
    stock card .JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Why in the heck is it not showing the processor speed? It knows the cpu but does not read the Mhz like it did on mine and I did nothing special. You 7770 OC edition is almost ahead already of my 5770s in Crossfire thingy. Glad you got it rokken and rollen agin.
RGone...ster.

I don't know why but it's glitch like that. If you look at post #8 mine was running 2 million MHz.GOOD TO SEE YOU'RE UP AND rocking again C_D!

this is at 1155/1250.
some go up, some go down.
what is the important number?

Attachments

• coreclock 1155 .JPG
    coreclock 1155 .JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 81
You want a good balance between the GFX and PhysX scores. OC'ing the card will drive up the gfx and setting with your cpu will change the PhysX this is generally speaking. It can raise your PhysX score byt drop the gfx score you just have to play with it C_D.

1160/1250

then we will just look at ice storm graphics. it's got lost of digits and will move around the most.
yes i can adjust the vid mem, but i am in school here.

Attachments

• coreclock 1160 .JPG
    coreclock 1160 .JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
That's looking good though C_D can you bump the cards memory at all? Just find your max stable OC for one card . When you put the second one in you'll have to dial it back a touch cause they typically won't work fullout together. For me 1 card is 950/2400 but with two it's 930/2340

Last edited:
1165/1250
when the core scores start to taper off we will then move to memory.
I have been told that a video card is just another mother board so i will treat it as that.

this one shows a nose dive.

Attachments

• coreclock 1165 .JPG
    coreclock 1165 .JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
1175/1250

looks like 1170 is the gpu number.

Attachments

• coreclock 1175 .JPG
    coreclock 1175 .JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 74
Why is it getting unstable/crashing? There was an improvement in the firestrike numbers!
I have to thank you for this little foray C_D. You got me playing around again. I now have a stable 950/2280. :clap:

SLI 950-2280.PNG

I tried for 2300 on the memory but it crashed right at the end of the combined test.:bang head

this card has no adjustment for the voltage and i guess that might be it.
yes the fire strike scores improved but i am only using the ice storm numbers right now.

I think the firestrike numbers would give you a better representation. They're more GFX intensive meant for gaming computers. I keep forgetting that the AMD cards don't let you change the volts. What software are you using for OC?
EDIT: did some googling and you're right in the ballpark for an OC on that card, Those are pretty common numbers>

Last edited:
I think I see a pattern here.
it looks like i need to try slowing the video ram.

Attachments

• coreclock 1170 mem1250.jpg
    coreclock 1170 mem1250.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 1255 .JPG
    1255 .JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 1260 .JPG
    1260 .JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 1265 .JPG
    1265 .JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 1270 .JPG
    1270 .JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 67
I think C_D would have to enable the unooficial OC in AB. To get access to his volts. The Nvidia cards aren't like that
Looks like you're right C_D you had better numbers with it at 1250. Lower mem sometimes allows for higher core clocks as well.

Back