• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just received my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 retail chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice 3d06 score @ stock man! :beer: Is that chip on water?

Yes, funny thing is core 2 in Core temp stays at 42 C all the time, also Bios reports CPU temp as 1 C which is off couse not possible unless you're on phase.
I think these wolfies confuse the Bios and other programs with respect to core and CPU actual temps
Tj-Max is also 105 C not 100 C as I would have expected?

Heh...1.112Vcore for both of you; is that right?? If so, good lord, you could breathe on these things and keep them cool!

Ghost, you're killing us man! Must live vicariously through those that have money! (and don't have a baby on the way of course :eek: )

This CPU is amazing, took me hours on my previous E6850 to get to this

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 18 22.02.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 18 22.02.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 2,536
Last edited:
My conroe runs no hotter...this is at day in day out oc settings...

I have a supposedly inferior SI128 fan........

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,547
Wow, nice superPI run Brolloks! Do you think 4GHz is going to be stable? And what voltage are you running to hit 4GHz?

Awesome chip so far Brolloks. Great thread as we'll be able to compare at least three different people's overclocks with the 8400 in the next few days.

Wow, nice superPI run Brolloks! Do you think 4GHz is going to be stable? And what voltage are you running to hit 4GHz?

Ran prime95 for 5 minutes, seems to be OK, obviously need to run it for longer to see if 24/7 stable
Bios v-core is at 1.405 Volts

He got his from the same place as mine, same batch and everything. In an hour, I'm kicking my friend to the TV, and I'm gonna start ocing mine. I'll probably be up all night.

Some more...running Prime95 as well to test for stability

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 18 22.32.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 18 22.32.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 2,490
Back