• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Throwing This Out Here - Epoz Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsranch

Registered
Does anyone know if an Epox EP-9NDA3+ is to be found? I've had good luck with Epoz and that board would support the rest of my hardware. I was able to tweak the chit out of a Epox Socket-A board so I know they OC good. Does anyone have any thoughts on that board?

Thanks for the input, Rick

I am not quite sure if this is exactly the board for you because there is no "+" in the title but you can get this at eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Epox-EP-9NPA3-U...20QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCPUs?hash=item1e588ab580

I know one must be careful buying used but over a year ago I purchased an EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra off of eBay for a second rig and it has run without a glitch.

Though the 9NPA mobo series were not the highest ocing boards they are/were also known for rock solid stabiltity and had very decent overclocking capability.

Thanks Route44, I'll check it out. I've had only one board that was doa from e-bay. The "Store" RMA'd it and paid for shipping after I gave him all the reasons why.

Guess I should add to sig AGP. That's the board but in PCI-E. Someday I'll change everything over but right now hand-me-downs is about as far as it goes. And as far as EPOX being rock solid with "good" OC'ing, thats why I want to get rid of this Gigabyte. It's got good tools/options but gets real squirrley at times. An OC is good with bench/stress testing but the next minute hangs/reboots. Thanks loads

I prefer the A8N32 boards - but they tend to be a little expensive. If you can find one cheap go for it instead. I've had mine up to 360 MHz on the clock (for testing) and most DDR RAM OCs very well - up to 265 MHz with Corsair XMS PC-3500 modules running 3-3-2-6-1T (stock 2-3-2-6-1T @ 200 MHz). I've got five of these boards running in my SETI farm and I've only had one go out in all these years - a rear exhaust fan that failed and killed it from over-heating. :(

I tend to push my rigs hard and these boards have been the best. My oldest is 3.5 years old and has been crunching 24/7 all that time with no issues ...

I have the Epox 9NPA7I. It has been running for almost 4 years now without a glitch. I used to only buy Epox boards until they stopped making them of course. The board is solid for me. I've only overclocked my Venice to 270FSB so far, but plan on doing some additional overclocking soon. the chip overclocks like a dream and so does the board...

Last edited:
Back