• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just want to make sure everything is fine.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qskeithsa

Hey, so i'm most likely going to buy a GTX 780 soon.

And i just wanted to sure that it would well, work and that nothing is bottlenecking and everything is good and dandy.

right now i have i5-3450 and motherboard is Z77-DS3H.

I currently only have 4 gb of ram though, wondering if should buy SSD and a bit more ram as well though.

also, the reason why i'm upgrading my GPU is because the one right now is kinda broken, it plays most games pretty well, except that if the settings are too high or if i'm playing some kind of singleplayer game(even the first halo)(which i don't really do because of this reason) the GPU driver or w/e crashes and it takes some time to get back. :bang head

crashing like that sounds like driver issues.

I'd buy some more RAM too. 8gb is usually enough.
CL 9 1600mhz RAM would be good, 1866Mhz RAM if you can find it cheap

as in, the drivers that i downloaded? i don't really believe that cause my uncle had the same problem few years ago but he returned it and got a new one.

edit: the main reason that i made this thread though, was cause i wanted to know if there will be any bottlenecking and if the GPU is compatible with the motherboard.

as in, the drivers that i downloaded? i don't really believe that cause my uncle had the same problem few years ago but he returned it and got a new one.

edit: the main reason that i made this thread though, was cause i wanted to know if there will be any bottlenecking and if the GPU is compatible with the motherboard.

I am extremely doubtful that your CPU would bottleneck a 780, but I recommend waiting for more experienced members to chime in.

I don't know the new 3rd+ gen CPU's and I don't know Nvidia very well since I switched to Radeons. ;)

You should be good to go.

Back