• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7d master driver download page

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fdoggiedog

I'm getting a k7d master soon...woooohoooo. So I figure I'll go to MSI's page and download the drivers.

When I try to download the Windows 2000 for AGP Applications on AMD platforms. MSI says the file is a registry file, but when I download the file its displayed a .mp3, and it looks to be a mp3 file( shows up a musicmatch file) The name of the file is largePageMinimum.mp3 . This isn't right is it? I figure I need this driver...right?

Also which Bios 1.82 or 1.91 should I use?

Any advise would great as I've never used a AMD chipset mobo before

Thanks
Glenn

Oh yea why can't I find drivers for the sound on MSI's site? Should I just use the set someone posted here for 2003 server? Or is there a better version? I'm going to use W2k server.

Yeah, for some reason, they have always had that file marked that way. I've never known exactly why.

This is what you need to do:

Download the file and rename it with a .reg extension, then run it. It will ask you if you want to add these values to the registry. Click Yes. You're done.

1.91 is the newest BIOS, although every BIOS since 1.6 has been very good, so you don't have to flash to a newer version, unless you are running something prior to 1.91

I'm not sure why they removed the sound drivers from their site, but yes, you can use the drivers in the 2003 server thread. Those drivers are actually very good in XP and 2000.

cmcquistion said:
I'm not sure why they removed the sound drivers from their site, but yes, you can use the drivers in the 2003 server thread. Those drivers are actually very good in XP and 2000.

Yes, i have them in use on both my systems running xp pro

Ok. I will just stay with 1.82 then.

On another note we finally made it to Omaha to wait for the transplant for my 10 month old girl. Could be as long as a year until it happens.

Thanks guys...I figured I had to rename it to .reg, but I wasn't sure.
I'm downloading the sound card drivers now, and I'll put 1.91 bios on it.

Hopefully I'll have it done this weekend..wooohooo

On another note we finally made it to Omaha to wait for the transplant for my 10 month old girl. Could be as long as a year until it happens.

Good Luck my brother....I'm sure everything will turn out good

Glenn

Back