• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7s5a bios question(need answer asap)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*JEREMY*

Will loading the optimal values in the first screen of the bios set the fsb back to 100/100?I need to help someone over the phone tonight and Im not too familiar with this board.I know this computer is running a duron at 115/115 and is now having problems with the warmer weather so I need to explain to her the easiest way possible to set it back to 100 and I figured loading the optimal (failsafe defaults) values would work,thanks

Loading the optimal defaults will set the bus speed back to 100/100 but will also set everything else back as well. So if she has on board audio, lan or modem riser disabled, this would enable these and would have to be disabled manually.

Never heard of a setting for bus speed at 115/115 on this board. Even the mod bios are 112/112 jump to 124/124.

If she can't boot to bios you will have to clear the cmos jumper, which will set everything back including the date and time.

Oh yeah, its at 112,been awhile since I seen it.Nothing is set to disabled on her board,I actually set it up for her last fall.Its just freezing randomly on her so I figured this will be the quickest easist way for her to find out without having to walk her through the cpu pnp setup.Thanks for the quick reply texasfit.

Back