• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7s5a Pro & 1800xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldnt touch another ECS board with a 10 foot pole . . . well maybe i would, but the pole would be touching the board with a great amount of force!

I've worked with a few ECS boards and have not needed to return one. No defects, no RAM icompatibility, no bad ports. I have a friend that I helped upgrade his P3 SOYO to an ECS and he fried the processor on the ECS board [2 months later] because he forgot to plug the heatsink fan in. He bought a new processor and the motherboard still worked perfectly.

Maybe ECS has a higher failure rate than a big name company, but for the savings I'll take the risk. Just a matter of getting a good one [5 boards later and no returns].

well frys has the revision c tbred 1800+ and ecs combo for 59 bux this weekend.

only got mine up to 147bus though. i think i gotta do the wire pin trick to up the multiplier.

well success with the wire mod:) 1.69v 1800+ @ 2.35ghz! on a pos ecs :) 59 dollars both cpu and board, thats just sweet.

only tried two configs because playing with those small wires is annoying. its good enough:)

Aihyah said:
well success with the wire mod:) 1.69v 1800+ @ 2.35ghz! on a pos ecs :) 59 dollars both cpu and board, thats just sweet.

only tried two configs because playing with those small wires is annoying. its good enough:)

great job!. messing with the wire trick is nerve wrecking. you think you got it then one slip.. NOOO!!!!

lol

Again great job

SinsFeelNatural said:

great job!. messing with the wire trick is nerve wrecking. you think you got it then one slip.. NOOO!!!!

lol

Again great job

lol yea, i used some needle nosed pliers and an eyebrow tweezer to do it cuz thats what i had:p if u drop that hair like wire on the m/b, its easier to use tape to put it up then with a tool.

my first attempt yielded 2.5ghz at 1.6v lol, dunno why that happened. obviously it failed. i had wanted 2.4ghz, something went funky:p i stopped at the 2nd attempt that yielded 2.35ghz cuz i wanted to play with it and test stability:)

right now temps are reasonable using a cheesy 10 dollar x-dream cooler with whiny fan. i''m getting an slk-800 to quiet it down later. plus, with an slk you can eek out even more speed probably:)

Last edited:
There should be a category for overclocking Fry's weekly motherboard-CPU loss-leader mobo combo. Use of the Fry's 'on-sale' cheapo memory and no-name case would be a requirement, of course.

mmills

Back