• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kaby goes on sale at NewEgg tonight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ordered 7700K yesterday and I could pick it up from local store but there are no interesting motherboards on stock so will wait till next week.
Funny is that some stores have listed motherboards which are not listed on manufacturers sites. Like MSI has no MPower and Gaming M6 motherboards listed and there supposed to be 4 models. ASUS is overpriced comparing to other brands and Gigabyte is as always releasing 20+ motherboards and I bet that as always will have problems with BIOS for couple of months.
There are maybe 5-6 motherboards with guaranteed 4000+ memory support out of maybe 90+ with Z270 chipset. So far only MSI and ASUS.
At the end there is nothing really new comparing to Z170.

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed with the motherboard selection myself so I'm just going to ride the Z170 OC Formula until something better is released.

Looked on the Asus website CPU support page for my Z170 Pro and Kaby is not listed yet. Maybe they just haven't updated the CPU support list because I found another website that listed that board as Kaby ready. I fired off an email to Asus support asking for confirmation.

Yep my local Microcenter has the i5-7600K for $230 and the Asus Z270-AR is $135 in a bundle deal. So $365 plus tax. The are in stock and available for purchase.

From what I have been seeing on the forums, Gigabyte Z170 Bios update for Kaby lake does not have overclocking.

Just for the record, gents... and this is quite the turnaround from what we are used to...

KL RETAIL CPUs are said to O/C better than the ES samples many have. THe 1.4V I have in the review, is a bit below average. Multiple Mobo vendors have mentioned this today (we are at CES).

Just got this one setup on water and it seems pretty strong.

capture066.jpg

So that Z170 motherboard does have overclocking ability for the Kaby Lake! Encouraging. 5.2 ghz. Oo! Nice. On modest vcore, too!

Wonder how long it will take Intel to get the i3-7350K on the market?

Wonder how long it will take Intel to get the i3-7350K on the market?
Should be soon... I had a surprise email today stating I will be receiving one to review. It should be here by 1/12, so I would expect a quick writeup on that shortly after.

Should be soon... I had a surprise email today stating I will be receiving one to review. It should be here by 1/12, so I would expect a quick writeup on that shortly after.

Do the writeup using a Z170 board, would you?

What? You don't have a good Z170 board in your arsenal?

Back