• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep the 80GB PS3 MGS4 Bundle or the 60GB PS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is worth noting that the PS3 basicly upconverts PS2 games which makes a world of difference for those of us with 60 inch plus HDTV's hehe.

Depends on your needs. I like mine but honestly if it weren't for the BluRay player then I would have no use for it. When it comes to games the 360 is better. The PS3 has a couple of exclsuives. Aw, who am I kidding, I always buy every console that comes out. The only restraint I've ever shown is with the Neo Geo.

Heh i rarely buy consoles and believe it or not i had a neo geo for quite a long time. Bought a game about every 2 to 3 months for it (cause they are insanely expensive).

Only reason i got rid of it was because i had money problems big time. Bout to be booted out of my apartment at the time. So i sold it made almost 2g's at the time off it with all the stuff.

But honestly seeing all the awesome "scary" games coming out for pc this year (pc gamer's zombie issue) Them are my favorite type of games think i'll just go pick up a 360 controller and get ready for all the good stuff.

Yeah, I'd keep the 60GB. I was tempted to pick up the new bundle, but backwards compatibility is important to me, so looking for a 20GB myself.

I ended up keeping the 80GB MGS4 bundle. I bought my 60GB for $487 (including tax) with a free six axis controller about 11 months ago. I sold it with an HDMI cable I got for free for $400. The new 80GB cost me $530 (including tax) and I got the $100 GC from Walmart.

I checked all the PS2 games I have for compatability problems on the 80GB and they all work. I got the $100 GC, a DS3, MGS4, 20GB extra HD space, and a new 1 year warranty for $130. I couldn't pass it up. It's not like I'm going to buy any more PS2 games anyways.

Oh god, you had a 3DO?

I still have my 3DO complete with a colllection of "2 Stupid Dog" episodes and a copy of Return Fire :cool: I traded my Virtual boy with 3 games for the 3DO with about 20 games and 2 controllers to a friend. I thought it was a pretty good system (at least as good as the PS1) though way overpriced.

I had the Panasonic version. My favorite game was Road Rash. There was just something about beating a person on a motorcycle while listening to Rusty Cage by Soundgarden. Need for Speed and Madden were good.

That's the problem, those three games and Street Fighter was all they had that was good. I bought mine when they had been dropped down to $299 instead of the ridiculous $799 that they started out.

Back