• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kepping getting DoSed and scanned

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
This is a large reason why i dont like Comcast cable.

I have some more. Any idea what to do? I dont feel like calling Comcast and complaing to someone who doesnt care. I do plan on getting my router back up in the next few days.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Attachments

• DoS.JPG
    DoS.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 90
If you don't feel like complaining (which I agree would probably end up doing nothing), then really the only thing I know of is to get a firewall and ignore the problem. Can't really attack them back (violation of TOS, and the IPs in your log could just be proxies), and can't even contact the people with that IP personally.

You might try renewing your IP by following your modem's instructions, but from what I've seen, most of that kind of traffic on Comcast seems to just be broadcast to pretty much every IP in your subnet instead of you specifically.

JigPu

When I complained about attacks, my local cable company sent me a e-mail saying something about some users like to share files....and i also found out that they regurally portscan their users machines looking for webpages...so they can end your service - breach of contract - NO SERVERs ALLOWED.

ports 80, 2745, 1025, 3127, 6129?

And its usually from different IPs and the scans happen more than once and more than once in a while.

Back