• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Killer Notebooks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bk2005

Registered
I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a laptop from killernotebooks.com? I am thinking about buying a Wakizachi, (C2D, 15.4"), they seem to have a decent price, little more than Dell and such, but look to be higher quality. From what I have found, they seem to be pretty well liked. On reseller ratings, they have a perfect 10/10, but only 6 reviews. Just wondering if anyone has bought from them, and if so, how do you like your laptop, and how did you like their service?

Nope they are new to me too... just heard about them a couple days ago... It almost seems like that they are trying to outdo alienware just looking at their site.

Seems like a "starter" business, I wouldnt expect much in terms of support and personally would stick to the name brand for these high value laptops.

seems like they're good laptops from the reviews, but i have to agree with everyone. You probably won't be able to get things like bios upgrades and software/hardware updates or firmware like say dell or alienware. And maybe the best disadvantage won't be able to find cheap accessories from 3rd party or second hand (ebay). Like buying a docking station and battery for my Dell laptop was like 50 bucks for the dock and 40 for each battery (i got two) if i wanted to buy it from the manufac, it would be 339 for the docking station and 139 for each battery!!!!!

Yes, I have one. An executioner. I've been really happy with it. Killernotebooks is a bit different, it's a small business. You deal with Mark. Just one guy, but there may a couple more. He does put a lot of the "good stuff" in them. Example: I got my core2duo before anyone else had them on the market (Aug 07). It's an E code cpu (completely unlocked). The ram is OCZ.. the best out there. The HD is also a brand name (can't remember offhand) and is 7200rpm.

You can find accessories... My executioner is a Clevo 570u base machine.
You get bios updates & drivers. He even provides custom bios flashes for underclocking and overclocking. He'll even honor the warranty for overclocking within reason. He does upgrades & customizing.. just ask. I upgraded my 7900 GT to a 7950GTX when they came out + he showed me how to mod the cooling for better performance.
Mark is also a good guy... he called me, yes called me.. to offer me the 7950 in exchange for 7900 for $50. Some Dell guy wanted it :p

Downside... price; you can find the base computer (like a clevo) cheaper, but you have to balance it with performance and support. It's very reasonable though, and downright cheap when thrown against Alienware, Voodoo, etc.

Hope this helps.

Oh, suddenly remembered the other downside... What ships with it. Asus puts together a good package with a mouse, great carrying bag, remotes, etc... Killernotebook's package is rather bare. The tote should really be called a reinforced grocery sack with attached string. Plan on spending a few more for a decent bag and a real mouse (none came with it).

Also hit guruofgaming.com.. he runs that site and it has some more discussions...

For the Zatoichi I'd take the 100gb 5400RPM for 55 bucks less over the 80gb 7200. Unless it's going to be your ONLY pc I doubt you'll need a hell of a lot of HD speed on a laptop.

Overall he's got some nice components... but he couldn't win out over an Acer in terms of price..

Acer.... seriously?

The only Acer that outruns it is the new Ferrari 5000.. 3dmark 06 of 2,091 versus the Killernotebook's 1937...but it's $500 bucks more than the KN.

There are a lot of cheap notebooks out there. Don't buy Killernotebooks if you are just looking for cheap. KN caters to performance users who don't want to spend big $$$ for a label and neon.

KillerNotebook Purchased

Yes, I bought from KillerNotebooks. Their customer service sucks! Got pirated software and nasty emails from them. Total ripoff!

KillerNotebooks Themselves

The problem with the internet is that anyone can post anything, whether true or not, and have essentially NO CONSEQUENCES because who knows who they are.

This guy, UnderTheGun" has been running arround to every forum posting lies, and this is my standard response.

First, this person makes accusations, and is probably my competition, but who knows because all you see is “Underthegun” as the person making the accusation.

Next you will notice about this post that they say something like, “K|N, they stink!” or other generic remark, which, I don’t know about you, but when I am burned by someone I go into detail about it. I just had this happen at a web hosting company and I wrote IN DETAIL about everything that happened.

Third, there is NO WAY that a customer would get ANY SORT of negative emails or responses from Killer Notebooks, simply because it takes ONLY one customer to plaster negative things all over the internet and ruin a reputation that has been a long time in the making. We MORE than bend over backwards for our customers, especially if there is a problem. Just scouring the internet to reply to nonsense lies is reson enough to take care of people.

Forth, the person states a variation of this in his post everywhere, “The laptop was fine but I received pirated software.”, or "total ripoff". Now come on, we’re on OverClockersClub or OC Forums or wherever here (I have to paste this response to the lies all over so bear with me), we’re knowledgeable about computers, and the industry. Let me just put something out there for argument sake, K|N as a business has taken 2 years to build up to the point it is now, we struggled as an independent newcomer to gain ground, trying to get reviews, trying to come up with “a better mousetrap”, and get to where we are today.

“Is it reasonable to assume that if a customer got pirated software, would you go out of your way to tee them off, or would it simply be easier to take care of the person?” Can we step out of “the Matrix” (which is my nice way of saying “lie”) for a minute and back into reality, we’re talking about $120 OEM software license… these are $3,000 to $5,000 machines that are ALL OVER THE WORLD, let’s get real here!

Finally, the guy creates the account about 5 minutes before he posts, and has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

We build the highest end, most customized machines period. We not only build our own machines, but do extensive modifications for aesthetic and practical reasons. Custom heat control solutions include case mods, and heatsinks we designed and manufactured for our systems. We use a multi-step process to achieve our results, the next step of the heatsink mod will be a custom notebook cooler designed for our flagship product exclusively.

How many companies can you contact to say, “I am going to overclock this machine” and have them add additional chipset, CPU, and GPU cooling? Our notebooks have triumphed in independent reviews against Alienware, Eurocom, DELL etc, our COMMITMENT to the industry and our customers is unsurpassed. I guess it was inevitable that someone would resort to anonymously posting lies. Killer Notebooks is for the select few… be one of them.

@KillerNotebooks: if I were you I'd ask mods to actually delete this UndertheGun comment. Show him where he baselessly defames you in other forums as a form of campaign and ask them to delete his (and your posting as well) to prevent it showing up in google searches.

If you want your comments to stand as a form of advertising. just post a new one answering user questions without going _too_ marketroid on us :)
It's good to see vendors who post under their own identity. better than all those astroturfing vendors (/me looks at nvidia and ati among others).

/me looks at monarch.

i think it's crap that people have to go around spreading unfounded discontent about a business. i'd love to see the links to the other forums where "underthegun" has bad mouthed KillerNotebooks.

Enough of this already. I will not permit these forums to be used as a fight club.

Underthegun, if you cannot substantiate your claims, do not drag your greviences in here. If you have proof contact me via pm. Any more posts like this will result in the suspension of your posting privilages.

KillerNotebooks, part of your post looks like advertising to me. Forum rules do not permit advertising. Please desist or your posting privilages will be suspended as well.

This thread is now closed for discussion.

--End of Announcement--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back