• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingdoms of Amalur

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This game is fantastic. Any qualms I had with the beta were beautifully resolved in the retail release. This was absolutely worth my $60. Kudos to Schilling for making this happen.

PC or console to those who own it?

FWIW, I am running it on a PC with a 360 gamepad. I found the mouse and keyboard just doesn't work for me on this type of combat oriented game. If you have no preference, I would say PC. At least you have a better chance for updates/patches to come down the pipe faster. And modders can do wonders of course.

What are you PC specs? That may help you decide as well.

FWIW, I am running it on a PC with a 360 gamepad. I found the mouse and keyboard just doesn't work for me on this type of combat oriented game. If you have no preference, I would say PC. At least you have a better chance for updates/patches to come down the pipe faster. And modders can do wonders of course.

What are you PC specs? That may help you decide as well.

I can handle the game just fine, I was just curious if the controls would drive me to playing this on my dreaded 360.

i5 750 @ 4.1ghz
4 gigs ddr3 1600
Asus 6950 DCII

I can handle the game just fine, I was just curious if the controls would drive me to playing this on my dreaded 360.

i5 750 @ 4.1ghz
4 gigs ddr3 1600
Asus 6950 DCII

The controls are not THAT bad. Just feels more comfortable with a gamepad. If you can, hook up your 360 controller to your PC and play it.

Yeah I have been testing the waters over at metacritic and the biggest complaint was the FoV camera angles which apparently was fixed with a mod. From what I hear, its mostly linear gameplay though right?

Nice game, I've started playing it a couple of days ago.

As mentionned earlier, the inventory/quest/journal menu looks a bit "unfinished" and messy, but overall the game is good. Colourful, easy gameplay.

I didn't notice any clipping myself...

Anyone else notice they released a DLC 2 days after they released the main game?

$5 will get you some special weapons and armor.

I don't really like it when companies do stuff like that but I can't blame them for trying to make some $$$

Anyone else notice they released a DLC 2 days after they released the main game?

$5 will get you some special weapons and armor.

I don't really like it when companies do stuff like that but I can't blame them for trying to make some $$$

Look up Shogun 2 Total War. They've released more DLC than any major patches. Some gamebreaking issues are still lingering a year later.

Look up Shogun 2 Total War. They've released more DLC than any major patches. Some gamebreaking issues are still lingering a year later.

And Call of Duty: MW2, BO, and MW3 should have been patches for MW1 - instead they were stand alone DLC's. DLC is extra revenue. I love the half finished game representations that get posted on reddit every now and then. Sums things up perfectly.

I read that the combat system is where this game truly shines. I'd buy it, but I'm playing SWTOR and just got Skyrim. I guess I'll wait a bit and try to get it when it goes on sale.

I am enjoying this game. Quests play like an MMO. The combat is fun. No tab targeting which is a plus. All moves are done with a combination of the left or right mouse button. Crafting and alchemy is easy and well laid out. The graphics tweeking is limited but I can run it maxed out on my gts250 and the game looks decent. I'll jump into the game, run a few quests for an hour and I am done for the night.

Back